AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, EPIC fail on my part. EPIC. :(

So I learn today that the VFC does not have standard 14mm threads...Noveske on order is now out the window.

I also learn that the scope mount is not of real dimensions...PK-AV that I'm expecting (should be here tomorrow) is also out the damn window.

Also ordered a PBS-4...it's a clone, and not the VFC...so this may very well be out the window as well.

Remember, guys, to DO YOUR RESEARCH before purchasing anything.

The first AK I've owned has become somewhat of a bummer...

-Vic

Edit: Jag has informed me that there might be an adapter under the muzzle break...I'll have to check.

Edit 2: :crazy: Yay, there was. :D THANKS Jag!

Edited by Victory
LOL Vic, they DO have standard threads, its under the flashhider adapter, has a set screw aswell.

Yeah, had a bit of a convo with Jag over MSN. It's all better now. :D

Now, to wait and see if the PK-AV mounts...

-Vic

P.S. Where's my M4...I need to cuddle with something less frightening. :P

Edited by Victory
anyone know a good way to die bakelite (the mags) to make it more realistic etc?

sand them down with a fine grit sandpaper, get some red varnish (i've used ronseal deep mahogany, but i think it could really do with being something a bit lighter. maybe ordinary mahogany) and a pretty knackered paint brush (one that leaves really bad brush marks) and go over the whole mag top to bottom in uneven, wavy lines. make sure the brush marks are prominent.

davedawg: i'm not going to say that i like it, but oddly enough i dont find it nearly as repulsive as other tacticool AKs. an AK74M style folding solid stock might look quite cool, Dboys make them.

liking the mini aimpoint too, cool looking sight and makes more sense than sticking a bloody great Eotech or aimpoint on the front of your gun.

well done in making a tacticool AK that doesnt make me want to puke.

Nice! I was actually debating getting the AKs74u with rails a while ago, but then I moved on to the AK103... but my hope for this is renewed. ;) I wasn't a fan of the "sharp" looking rails but those covers seemed to do the trick. As for the grip, I was thinking this. Not to expensive and it looks nice.

Anyways... What do you think of the blowback? If you remove the blowback rod, can the charging handle rack all the way back?

Thanks!

Alrighty, got my PK-AV in today...and, either I can't figure out how to mount it (I'd imagine it'd be fairly simple...), or, the VFC mounting rail is not MilSpec.

AKwot.jpg

If someone can tell me just by that pic, that'd be great. (BTW, didn't do the wear job myself. I think it's a bit overdone, but I'm not complaining. It's an AK, afterall. :P)

Akpic-1.jpg

PBS-4 is on the way.

-Vic