AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, after much trial and error, I still have not been able to mount it. -_-

It appears as though the previous owner has worn down the mount on the AK to the point where it will no longet hold.

And, it appears that the swing arm on the PK-AV is also worn down, so I'll need a replacement.

-Vic

My vfc mounted from the inside, and sure enough wouldnt my kobra didnt fit, it was too thin for the mount.

I swapped it over for a cyma rail, which fitted perfectly. Ofcourse the bolts dont work the same way.

All I did was use 4mm(may have been 5) nuts and bolts to secure it. Plenty of space on the inside of the vfc for the nuts to sit tight without modifying anything.

Shim = fiddly, get a new rail and bodge it on. :)

VFC Krinkov PDW (or whatever they call it)

KA TD rail covers (cut down to size)

DBoys TD grip

ACM AP Micro

I have an Element TD stubby grip on the way.

Nothing custom really. I'd like to put a CTR on there but I'll probably skip it unless I can source a cheap suitable receiver. For a while now, I was thinking about putting a K-rail on a regular VFC AKS74U. Meh, VFC beat me to it.

sorry to ask in this thread

i want to purchase an ultimak rail clone (can buy the real deal due to domestic laws) for my china ak.

was wondering if i could use this

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...B-AKOM_srch_VFC

instead of this

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/...il?prodID=23848

in other words, can i fit a vfc part on a non-vfc aeg without extensive mods

thanks

Nothing custom really. I'd like to put a CTR on there but I'll probably skip it unless I can source a cheap suitable receiver. For a while now, I was thinking about putting a K-rail on a regular VFC AKS74U. Meh, VFC beat me to it.

good luck. VFCs are built like the RS. unless you plan on butchering a Dboys reciever there are no VFC compatible recievers with buffer tubes, besides do you REALLY want to go through the effort of hammering out the very tight pins holding the gun together every time you want to change the stock?

not that i condone this kind of AK rape, but have you ever thought of getting a Dboys stock on the cheap, chopping it right back as far as you can and then attaching a buffer tube? the stock obviously wouldnt be able to lock when folded, but its a simple method that does require buggering up a perfectly good reciever.

good luck. VFCs are built like the RS. unless you plan on butchering a Dboys reciever there are no VFC compatible recievers with buffer tubes

So I've been told. I know VFC doesn't make buffer tube receivers, but I've seen adaptors that supposedly fit fixed stock receivers. But yeah, too much hassle.

besides do you REALLY want to go through the effort of hammering out the very tight pins holding the gun together every time you want to change the stock?

Hell no. Which is why I plan to skip the idea. But Vic, OTOH...

Eh, I'm content with the folding stock anyway or so I must tell myself. :)