AK & Variants Picture Thread

The first on is a bog standard AK47. They are supposed to be pretty good. The second is an AKM, I have one and it's a great gun. Both guns shoot really hot. Mine shot 475 out of the box, and has settled to 460.

Basic rundown of the differences:

AK47:

*Vented Gas Block, has 3 holes on each side.

*Milled Reciever

*Non-Laminated Furniture, Lacks Bulge in Lower Handguard

*Sling Mount on Reciver, sling mount on gas block

*Smooth Reciver cover

* Basic Wood pistol Grip

AKM:

*Vented Gas Block, has one semicircle cutout on each side

*Stamped reciver

*Laminated Furniture, Bulge on Lower handguard

*Sling Mount on Stock (only on models with a fixed stock), front sling mount on Lower handguard retainer

*Ribbed Reciver Cover

*Rear Sight Graduated to 800m

* Checkered Bakelight Pistol Grip

Neither of those airsoft AKs have laminated furniture. Both have 800m rear sights.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really an AK, but it is russian

RPD- under construction ;)

dscf3420asg9.th.jpgthpix.gif

dscf3421azd8.th.jpgthpix.gif

Hey man, sweet RPD. I and a couple others guys I'm working with have done a TON of research on building an AEG RPD and one of those collaborating with me bought a parts kit and gearbox. Just so you know, an AGM MP40 gearbox is a very good choice, the M249 gearbox is too big. I'm sure you'll be able to make it work so best of luck.

Hey man, sweet RPD. I and a couple others guys I'm working with have done a TON of research on building an AEG RPD and one of those collaborating with me bought a parts kit and gearbox. Just so you know, an AGM MP40 gearbox is a very good choice, the M249 gearbox is too big. I'm sure you'll be able to make it work so best of luck.

You are right.

Without adjusting it- the GB of the M249 is to big, but...

The receiver of the RPD is 35 mm large. The GB after cutting off the side parts will be 28-29 mm large- so it is ok (the dust cover is 28 mm wide inside)

The lenght is ok, especially after cuting about 4-5 mm of the internal steel part of the original weapon.

The main problem is the hight. After adjusting, the GB will be about 6-7 mm to high, but it s OK with me. The receiver will be just a little bit higher. I dont' have a chance to get a MP40 GB in Poland so it must to be that way.

thx for the support :)

Edited by jojo31

Alright, I'm still on a learning curve when it comes to AKs...

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...PK-59_srch_wood

Would this work with my VFC AKS74UN? If not, can it be modded to fit?

Also, know of any synthetic upper handguards with a weaver rail on the top (none on the sides) that would work?

Thanks.

-Vic

Edit: Something like this:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/37144-1.html

Edited by Victory
After adjusting, the GB will be about 6-7 mm to high, but it s OK with me. The receiver will be just a little bit higher. I dont' have a chance to get a MP40 GB in Poland so it must to be that way.

thx for the support :)

If I were you, I'd try and lower the receiver rather then making it high. So basically your change in dimension comes out the bottom rather then the top.