AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, another AK related issue on my hands.

While installing the PBS-4 that arrived today, I had to use a decent amount of pressure to get it to mount at the correct angle.

In doing this, I think I flexed something that shouldn't have been flexed, as the fitment of the handguards seems off now.

I have no idea as to how to correct this.

AK6.jpg

AK5.jpg

AK4.jpg

AK3.jpg

AK2.jpg

AK1.jpg

Note: I didn't perform the wear job. I received it like this.

Any suggestions? (I thought the VFC was a solid gun, and that I wouldn't have to worry about this sort of thing...)

Or did it look like this before, and I just wasn't paying enough attention?

-Vic

Edited by Victory

Heh, there may very well be no problem...I haven't really studied the externals, to be honest. I saw gaps that I didn't remember seeing before (not the handguard gaps, the others) and got worried.

-Vic

Edit: I know the upper handguard wiggles a bit more now than it used to.

And the front sight post is a little looser than before...

Edited by Victory
Heh, there may very well be no problem...I haven't really studied the externals, to be honest. I saw gaps that I didn't remember seeing before (not the handguard gaps, the others) and got worried.

-Vic

Edit: I know the upper handguard wiggles a bit more now than it used to.

And the front sight post is a little looser than before...

It could be that the barrel loosened up a bit. De-pin the barrel, slide the front end off, and make sure everything is nice and tight, then put the front back together, tighten the set screw under the rear sight block, and re-pin it. Should fix any issues.