AK & Variants Picture Thread

Hey gurus, I haz a question.

I am considering building an AIMS-74 with the VFC AIMS for the base. As far as the handguards go, I can get a bakelite upper and Romanian wood lower from Joeken Arms. However, I would also need a new front sight and flash hider. The flash hider shouldn't be a problem, but the sight has put me in a bit of a conundrum. I am pretty sure LCT sights are not compatible with VFC because they use grub screws instead of pins, but I figured I would ask you guys just in case I'm wrong.

Here is an example.

Thank you!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, any of you guys with LCT/Inokatsu kits out there, do you have this strange problem where the whole front handguard including the sight block, hop up unit, and outer barrel assembly come off way too easily? I was taking the battery out of my RPK and the bipod got snagged on something, and I accidentally pulled hard and the whole handguard came off...upon closer inspection, the LCT RPK front set I have isn't secured to the receiver like a Marui, in fact, I don't even know what's keeping the handguard + sight block in place...help!

Hey, any of you guys with LCT/Inokatsu kits out there, do you have this strange problem where the whole front handguard including the sight block, hop up unit, and outer barrel assembly come off way too easily? I was taking the battery out of my RPK and the bipod got snagged on something, and I accidentally pulled hard and the whole handguard came off...upon closer inspection, the LCT RPK front set I have isn't secured to the receiver like a Marui, in fact, I don't even know what's keeping the handguard + sight block in place...help!

Ah, the fail of that design, having own kits I can tell you that this will happen unless you redo how they meet. The latter kits have 2 screws holding the barrel onto the front trunnion so make sure you get one of those receivers. Also, the latter kits also have a hole in the RSB so you can shove a pin or s screw int their to solidly pin it to the barrel. It'll fix it way better, but that is why most people have gone VFC roughts now...... I did for awhile heh.

Ah, the fail of that design, having own kits I can tell you that this will happen unless you redo how they meet. The latter kits have 2 screws holding the barrel onto the front trunnion so make sure you get one of those receivers. Also, the latter kits also have a hole in the RSB so you can shove a pin or s screw int their to solidly pin it to the barrel. It'll fix it way better, but that is why most people have gone VFC roughts now...... I did for awhile heh.

I assume by those screws you mean these?

DSC_0020.jpg

oh yeah does anyone know if the kobra sights are NVG compatible?

Edited by Agent47

Wee update today :)

Got my akmsu handguard.

Fookin love it, esp with the ak104 flash hider!

* took a bit of work to fit it, but nothing too sinister needs a bit of a stain in places obv *

Decided I need another ak74su to fit silencer and tishina to permanently :)

IMG_1495.jpg

Edited by Blood-Clot

I'm sorry if I missed it, but what make are those handguards? They're beautiful! By the way, in your previous post you seemed to have had some RS handguards on your guns... Do you mind me asking where you got them? I've googled the crud out of my computer looking for RS AKM/AIMS handguards and came up with close to nothing.

Thanks!

Edited by beta08