AK & Variants Picture Thread

Just got that exact same AKMSU lower handguard and it's a beauty. But yes, it is a little too long for VFC and Cyma type AKSUs. Nothing a dremel couldn't fix! Will post pics when my project is done.

PlasticMag,

Are those the reproduction AK-74 handguards? They look pretty damn good, but something feels just a tiny bit off... perhaps the bulge? Does the lower have a steel pin?

Cheers,

Alex

Edited by ancorp
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beta, they are the new LCT handguards. I knew as soon as they were out I had to get one!

In the previous pic, they are infact stock VFC handguards. Very good quality kit.

Ancorp, yeap slightly too long for the vfc. Maybe 1.5-2mm.

5 min dremel job got em sorted.

I drilled it out about 1mm too deep, so im going to fill the edge tonight to take it back up a bit, and then stain the edge to take off that light edge.

It looks fantastic and feels even better.

Now the best gun I have ever owned!

PM, are those the HGs you're going to be reviewing on RA? if so, review ASAP :D or at least first impressions

where did you get them anyway?

gonna have to agree with bloodsword here, AK47s only look right when blued IMO. shame LTC havent started production of the old inok AK47 kit. damn that was a purdy gun.

screw that jebus! you have the perfect OC14 base right there. ask candyman about building the front end and trigger switch etc out of aluminium and a butchered GP30 and you'll have the first airsoft grozza :) not sure about the best way to have the stamped steel 9x39 mag shells made, but judging by your vast collection money wouldnt be a problem :D

!!! guys im part of the darkside know...i own a ak !!!

A GHK Aks74u yay !!! i love this thing :] with my PBS-4 silencer sorry for the bad picture it was taken with my iphone in my room with not alot of light !! im so ready to kill somone with this thing already ! ha

l_d0cdf2e31f0149958d9cb7fdbdbc4e79.jpg

i will take better pictures later!!!

soon to be added element rubber stock pad. real steel kobra and mayb real steel wood

Edited by RUSHER2
hows the PBS4 on the GHK? I was a bit hesitant on getting one considering a few shots go off in a different when i go on full auto

Its nice just a warning it doesnt silence one bit it mufles the sound but youll never beable to get rid of the bolt sound ha the bb's go through it fine no problem and the silencer is of amazing quality.

And theres a metal thing in there like a round tube that is 6mm and has round circles around it to fit inside the silencer its hard to expain. you can take it out but its not completly hallow. so your bb's wont hit inside of the silencer.

Edited by RUSHER2
Awesome. Thanks for the help. Now I need to decide if I want it anything to be muffled. Going to get anymore mags for it RUSHER?

Yea ha :P my dad got it for me for christmas ha my dad is a huge airsofter just like i.. he was the first person on here to have a GHK 74U. i plan on getting more im only 16 ha so i have to save up some cash for some mags :] i think 5 will do me great. I love this gun so far its just amazing...

I recommend everyone to have this gun. im thinking of extending the berrel all the way to the end of the silencer right before the break.

Trust me its still very very loud its just a faint muffled it sounds pretty sweet though its not alot of change in sound.

Edited by RUSHER2
i was thinking of doing the same, but im worried the gun would shoot too hot for my field.

I need some better wood grips or I will have to restain them or something...

Sand you grips down and put a better stain on them. im going to be extending the berrel soon ill tell you what it hits. im sure it will be hitting like 500 becuase my fathers shoots 419.

Sand you grips down and put a better stain on them. im going to be extending the berrel soon ill tell you what it hits. im sure it will be hitting like 500 becuase my fathers shoots 419.

Have you guys seen the new woodkit from dboy?

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?cPa...roducts_id=1878

maybe give it a try, doesnt look too bad. definetly looks better than the stock one the dboys comes with

You can fit a 9.6, battery goes through the rear sight block.

Thanks, that's what I figured, just wanted to make sure since the lever is functional unlike on the Marui series. I couldn't imagine it taking up enough space to not allow at least some of the battery through, however with my luck had I not asked I would have put in the 9.6 to find that somehow it couldn't fit. :D

Would an LCT bolt carrier work in a Marui-style AK? Getting tired of the crappy stock one.

Edited by motherland