AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell them it's an M4 with a conversion kit to use AK mags!

MfG Lee ;)

yeah... or... you can tell them you picked up an AK in battle and decided to use it as to not draw attention from the sound signature of an m4... (i heard this from a NatGeo special on PMC's) ;)

i seem to be the only person on the forums to have problems with my realsword so it should be alright :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29368202@N04/3178122196/ :D

if you want you can have a look at my other photos of AEGS and suchlike

WHaH! post those pics of your lovely AK! please inform me on how you got that aged look! your gun is to die for!!

WHaH! post those pics of your lovely AK! please inform me on how you got that aged look! your gun is to die for!!

ive tried posting photos on the forum but it doesnt seem to work. <_< anywho how to get that look is really easy but just takes time and good judgement. You know those yellow and green pads you use to scrub dishes? basically scrub and scrub at your weapon ( needs alot of elbow grease) until you get it how you like it :D

hey do yall think it would be cool if i completely sanded the RS 56-1 to a mirror finish (like what people do to glocks?) Like platinum AK's

like in this video at 1:09 ish

not really if i'm honest :P

not with a realsword, it wouldnt be so ad if it was a cheapo gun but i'd never do that to a RS

edit: plus it'd be a pain to get the blued finish off everywhere. you'd likely have lots of bits of finish left over and it'd look a mess. remember it's not painted so you cant just dunk it in paint stripper.

Edited by my_plague_666
edit: plus it'd be a pain to get the blued finish off everywhere. you'd likely have lots of bits of finish left over and it'd look a mess. remember it's not painted so you cant just dunk it in paint stripper.

no need for paint stripper you'd just take it all apart and dunk it in Hydrochloric acid Bit stinky but it'll eat the bluing off in oohh 30 seconds flat - none of the gungy mess you can end up with when using paint stripper on painted parts

will get you to the dull base metal but the real work starts then if you want a proper mirror finish - wet n dry polishing blocks by hand working thru the grades to take out discolourations (can be a hellish task), then three or four grades of polishing mops on a bench polisher with 3 or 4 grades of polishing compound

took around 4 or 5 hours 'on the blocks' and another half an hour or so 'on the mops' just to do a makarov never mind a full AK

worth beairing in mind plating wont save you that chore - plated finish is only as 'mirror shiny' as the underlying shineness of the metal its applied to Only difference is that if you take it to a commercial platers they'll generally do all that nasty prep work for you (and charge accordignly for it)

P1000576edited.jpg

edit - oops Hydrochloric acid - can usually pick it up in around 30 percent solution for some brick/pathing cleaning products etc - thats pure enough form to strip bluing. Steer clear of sulphuric acid based drain cleaning solutions (Ive got some drain cleaner thats 95% sulphuric acid which is an entirely different and way way more dangerous ketle of fish)

Edited by snorkelman