AK & Variants Picture Thread

it's actually a Kalash :) and it was a *badgeress* to fit :angry:

Hehe, aye, i had more than enough trouble fitting the AKM stock on that AIMS reciver, i'd imagine you had more than a fight on your hands with that Kalash-74 :D

What we wont do for wood.. (in the non-naughty sense of the word, obviously).

Grobus, fantastic collection!

Thank you.

Omg, That is sexy. Good job.

Ahh, but she's not quite done yet, soon'ish she'll go from the top to the bottom in this crude drawing of mine:

MD90Test.jpg

I just need the vented steel upper and a red pistol grip (not sure if i should go for the LCT one, or the redder Element one, anyone have any input on thouse?).

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your getting a vented upperhg get a real steel one the LCT is kinda fail, the holes are to big and to few if i remember correct.

I got my realsteel at Floridagunworks, but you could prob find a used one aswell at Akforums :)

If your getting a vented upperhg get a real steel one the LCT is kinda fail, the holes are to big and to few if i remember correct.

I got my realsteel at Floridagunworks, but you could prob find a used one aswell at Akforums :)

Hmm, i'm not seeing any big differences on them, 5 rows of 7 holes on both by the looks of it, perhabs the hole size differes a little but it's not by much i don't think.. i'll probably end up with the LCT one, because the FGW one comes with a real-steel gastube, and i'm not sure if the gastube is a restricted weapon part or not (the Danish gun law is allmost ilegible it is so poorly written).

The only glaring error i see on the LCT is that it's on a 47 gastube, but i can just put it on my AKM tube myself.

he was talking about the pistol grip. LTC bakelite effect pistol grips look far nicer, the element brick red ones look pretty poor IMO.

The fake bakelite ones i have, but i'd rather have one that is more red on this one, if you look at the real-steel Rommy coathanger + furniture stock sets, they usually come with a very red Bakelite pistol grip, LCT does make a red one, but its a little redish-brown in its colour, the element one does appear more red, but there's no point choosing the Element if it looks really cheap and nasty.

Which out of the following would you guys recommend for a first Kalashnikov?

Cyma 040C AK74M

Dboys RK-03 AK74S?

The DBoys is a direct VFC clone. The CYMA is a TM clone. The DBoys is truer to the real steel rifle than the CYMA.

Also, I've had pleasurable playing experience with the DBoys. It's very nice.

Cyma 040B/C/D are VFC clones too, so i would choose cyma in this one or wait until Dboys releases their Steel version of this AK74. Why? exteriorwise, they will be very similar, and internally cyma is said to be much better taht Dboys, 7mm metal bushings, metal spring guide...

Just my two cents :)

EDIT: Review of the Cm 040C

Edited by Isamu
The fake bakelite ones i have, but i'd rather have one that is more red on this one, if you look at the real-steel Rommy coathanger + furniture stock sets, they usually come with a very red Bakelite pistol grip, LCT does make a red one, but its a little redish-brown in its colour, the element one does appear more red, but there's no point choosing the Element if it looks really cheap and nasty.

ahhh, i see. you're going for the romy look then. the element ones have no bakelite style texture to them, it's just flat colour. your best bet IMO would be to get an LTC Bakelite one and dye it red or orange (shroomalistic did this to a couple of his)

that particular cyma is the better gun. i can't fault most current gen cymas i've seen out of the box internally.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this AKM with green Bakelite (IIRC) furniture. And if there was anyway to replicate it? I believe this picture was taken at a museum in St. Petersburg, Russia.

it was for some anniversary dont know excatly

I always admired it

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this AKM with green Bakelite (IIRC) furniture. And if there was anyway to replicate it? I believe this picture was taken at a museum in St. Petersburg, Russia.

At a pinch take it to a custom paint shop and have em do some sort of mild eerie dess or similar green finish on it along with a few coats of clear.

Dont forget to take your wallet, someone to catch you when you faint and a whisky to bring you back round :)

ahhh, i see. you're going for the romy look then. the element ones have no bakelite style texture to them, it's just flat colour. your best bet IMO would be to get an LTC Bakelite one and dye it red or orange (shroomalistic did this to a couple of his)

Yeah, romy grip for romy stock is the general plan, but perhabs the LCT one will do fine, some of thease grips are described as "injection molded polymer" and not bakelite, so thats a look i could go for.

It was an award AK for some special service. I can't remember exactly what.

Guy, Ive still got the AK bug, however Im looking for possible candidates for my next AK as a platform to just build on. Ive been sort of set on a TM AK47 or the folding stock version (just because i already have stick batts). Ive heard great things about the TM aks and that they are excellent straight out of the box. Can you guy confirm this? Also the amount of conversion kits/upgrades out there for the Tm ak is just insane.

So should I go for a TM ak? What recommendations do you guys have for the first upgrades? Will they run on a 9.6v batt straight out of the box?

cheers

Edited by torN-

TMs are overpriced for what you get. externally they feel cheap and nasty compared to the tonnes of better guns out there nowadays and internally, they're perfectly reliable as long as you dont touch the internals (and that means staying at about 280 fps), once you upgrade a TM its no more reliable than just about anything else so TM fanboys' claims of unmatched reliability are irrelevant. it was great for it's time but theres better out there now.

if you can afford it why not look into the likes of the realsword type 56?

edit: regarding the 9.6V battery, TMs are designed for low power, low ROF use. those cheap pot metal gears will hold up under a weak spring and 8.4V battery, but up the ROF or FPS and they're likely to fail. it's happened to 3 people i know.

Edited by my_plague_666
TMs are overpriced for what you get. externally they feel cheap and nasty compared to the tonnes of better guns out there nowadays and internally, they're perfectly reliable as long as you dont touch the internals (and that means staying at about 280 fps), once you upgrade a TM its no more reliable than just about anything else so TM fanboys' claims of unmatched reliability are irrelevant. it was great for it's time but theres better out there now.

if you can afford it why not look into the likes of the realsword type 56?

edit: regarding the 9.6V battery, TMs are designed for low power, low ROF use. those cheap pot metal gears will hold up under a weak spring and 8.4V battery, but up the ROF or FPS and they're likely to fail. it's happened to 3 people i know.

Aye, this is old news, there was a time when TM reigned supreme on the market, and nothing could touch them, if we go back a few years, the TM AK was the very best on the market (and this outdated reputation has been slow to die), but things have changed dramatically in recent years, so much so that the TM is now the very last AK i would considder spending money on, it is overpriced, mostly plastic, and the gearbox and internals are only rated for its standard M90 spring, upgrading it is much too expensive as you need to replace allmost every part in there.

You can get an all metal and real wood CYMA AK for less than a TM costs (avoid the old CM028 model, their recent models are what you want), and it will be better, and have more upgrade potential, and if you spend more, you can get much better and buy a VFC, RealSword or LCT, there is no point buying a TM, it is a dinosaur that has somehow escaped exstinction.

EDIT:

Plus, the TM AK-47S stock is known to break very easily.

So far, only the Realsword Type 56-1's stock is the only AK underfolder known to be sturdy and reliable to any degree.

Definately, TM's underfolder is terrible, i had one, and the whole stock mount came clean off the gun the first time i tried using it with a sling, the guns own weight was enough to break it.

However, the Type-56-1 is not the only underfolder that works, the LCT AKMS stock is just as good, if not slightly better.

VFC has also released an AKMS now, it'll be interesting to see how well that one works (i have seen no reviews yet), but i suspect it too will be good.

Edited by Grobut