• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats simply amazing!

Agreed! One of the nicest I've seen :)

And here's a little update from me:

dsc0984dq1.jpg

dsc0982nv7.jpg

Nowhere near as ambitious as the magnificent replicas Fence builds, but accurate enough, considering the severe restrictions in importing gun parts to Canada...

It's only about 90% done, there's still a bunch of little details I have to do, but it's just cosmetic stuff.

Edited by jonboy2312
Agreed! One of the nicest I've seen :)

And here's a little update from me:

[rl=http://imageshack.us]http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7633/dsc0984dq1.jpg[/mg][/url]

[rl=http://imageshack.us]http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/895/dsc0982nv7.jpg[/mg][/url]

Nowhere near as ambitious as the magnificent replicas Fence builds, but accurate enough, considering the severe restrictions in importing gun parts to Canada...

It's only about 90% done, there's still a bunch of little details I have to do, but it's just cosmetic stuff.

more to the point, nice hair.

Edited by The Badger
Nice Polish Tantal! Awesome to see some other eastern variations of the AK, and moderns ones at that :P

Thanks! :) It's not a Tantal, though - it's a wz96 Beryl ;)

more to the point, nice hair.

My wife thanks you for the compliment :)

Are they conversion kits or what? sweet anyway

Nope... just a bunch of RS parts and a lot of elbow grease :)

Found a nice RS lower handguard to put on it.

Now that is sweet :wub:

A very nice Beryl jonboy2312.

Its a shame Canadian import restrictions are getting in your way, i'd love to see what you could do if you had first choice of all the parts you could want :)

Well... I wouldn't really do that much more to it, it would just happen so much faster :D The mods I'm still hoping to do are:

http://www.works11.pl/?product_id=21172&category_id=496 - this RS rear sight base (note it's different from normal AKs - no gas tube lock.

http://www.works11.pl/?product_id=21247&category_id=501 - this RS mag, which I would fit with the innards from a SIG lowcap (with immitation rounds...)

...and I think that's pretty much it. I'll try to bring those parts back (gutted to pieces as much as possible and scattered all over the luggage) next time I visit Poland. The RS stock, handguards, flash hider, gas tube and rail made it through the airport with no questions asked, so I should be fine with those other bits. Just to be sure I'll have the immitation ammo from the SIG mag split in half. It's plastic, and shouldn't read on X-ray anyway, but better not to take any chances.

Either way, it should be much better this way, with me being right there able to do any explaining necessary, than to risk having those sent by mail and inspected by customs, who might assume the worst possible scenarios.

Edited by jonboy2312
HERESY! chicom rigs are very comfortable and easy to use IMO. they work a treat with 45 rounders as they stick out the top more so they're easier to get hold of :)

Haha, so many people tell me that.

I dont know, my experience with the chicom is pretty bad.

I really dont like the mag closure system.

Takes me forever to get it loose.

Also, with the 30 rounders its really hard to grab the mags even with the flaps folded back.

My eagle rig is just alot easier to use, and it even holds more, so theres no reason for me to use the chicom.

30 rounders do sit a bit low, you're right. personally i dont bother closing the flaps as the mags seem to stay in fine.

still, i'm not really into all this high speed low drag stuff and the chicom fits in with my soviet VDV gear :)

Its really just personal preference.

I've used lots of gear(chicoms, ALICE, LBVs) and I've personally come to the conclusion that my MOLLE and high speed rigs are alot better.

Ill give chicoms, ALICE, and LBVs one thing though, they are cheap!

Stuff came, things where unpacked and assembled, here's pictures!

My AKM got an overhaul, all new LCT 09 AKM front, and an RPK rear sight for windage goodness, reciver is still AIMS with RS stock and grips on there:

AKM09RS.jpg

RPKsAKM.jpg

The MD-90 got the planned updates, new pistol and front grips, though the pistol grip is not as red as i had thought, but it still looks good:

MD90Nf.jpg

The Khyper got some upgrade parts too, replacing the old Guarder bits with newer and more accurate LCT ones, and a scope mount:

KhyberAKMf.jpg

AKS-74N added for good measure and great justice, RS wood as allways:

AKS74Nf.jpg

And a pair of group photos:

4AK1.jpg

4Ak3.jpg

Grobut, you lucky *beep* :D They're all absolutely beautiful. I wish I had a steel receiver on mine :(

Anyway, here's a small update - I've added the missing bipod retainer collar.

dsc0985zp3.jpg

dsc0988sa4.jpg

Still to do: fire selector switch on the left side of the receiver, and... and I think that's where I'll stop for now.

Grobut, you lucky *beep* :D They're all absolutely beautiful. I wish I had a steel receiver on mine :(

Thanks, and aye, it's allmost painfull to see how much heart and effort you are pouring into that gorgeous Beryl, and knowing you are forced to base it on a potmetal body.. you guys need and LCT importer, STAT!

But still, that Beryl of yours is putting many guns here to shame, it's just custom goodness from butt to muzzle :)

I have the same problem with mags though, ohh how i wish i could convert some RS mags, but the law here is even stricter on spare mags than it is actual firearms, and there is zero tollerance, even though they would be totally deactivated after beeing converted to Airsoft, they would still be counted as a fully functional spare mag by the law, and there's no way i'm elligable for a special permit just because i want nicer Airsoft mags :(