AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*snip*

*snip*

Top pic was before I sanded the wood kit down & attacked the wood with a screwdriver to create some damage, which is quite difficult to see in the bottom pic but very noticeable when you have the AK in your hands. I then used a dark woodstain. I think it came out quite nicely.

Definatly like the darker wood, and the wear and tear on the metal parts. Is it artificial?

Edited by WL-Matt
Hey Moody, what kind of chest rig you got there and where to get?

TAC Force Commando Rig.

I got it from OpsGear. They used to have them on their website, but now they're only available in store now.

Google TAC Force chest rig, and you might be able to find one. If not PM me, and we can work something out to get you one.

Edited by Moody
Did you test Star mags on a Kalash? thanks :)

I worked in a local airsoft shop, and for testing purposes in AK's, we always used Star's mags. I know we worked on Kalash's, and don't remember there being any problem with the fit, and they star's feed flawlessly 95% of the time. [at least in my team and I's experience, which has been 100+ of their mags.]

edit::

sorry for going off-topic, just trying to wrap up the Q's. Back to pictures!

2nd the Kobra pic request.

Edited by crump3t
Definitely like the darker wood, and the wear and tear on the metal parts. Is it artificial?

Nope, the wear and tear on the metal body around the mag housing is real as are the scratches made by the change lever.

I have had this AK for around 5 years or so. I have changed it a few times by that I mean changing the front end from full to AKSU & back. Its an awesome backup/spare/loan gun in my opinion.

Does anyone have that clone Kobra on an AK74? I've been considering buying one but I would like to know what people think about it.

DP

I have a real one. I don't like it much. Someone on another forum is buying it from me, I have used it maybe twice since got it (about 5 years).

sorry guys, probably a n00by question, but, what parts of an AK reciever can be aged? im looking at mine now and i dont see any areas (apart from the bit under the selector plate, and around the trigger and mag well) that would become weathered after time. any body know any good spots to "wear out"?

sorry guys, probably a n00by question, but, what parts of an AK reciever can be aged? im looking at mine now and i dont see any areas (apart from the bit under the selector plate, and around the trigger and mag well) that would become weathered after time. any body know any good spots to "wear out"?

Well as your in the Ak Picture thread try looking at the pictures. Also search Guiness's Weathering guide.

any edges and protruding parts will get more wear. just get a scotch brite pad and go over everything. it'll lightly weather everything, but the raised areas will get more worn (like they would on a real gun)