AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much was it for the 6?

I got a bulk buy deal, and cant really reveal the price. Below UK retail price :)

Dan's one reminds me of the AKs in the game Freedom Fighters...except with the U barrel. I want to paint my AK74 (with 7.62mm mag) up to resemble the FF guns.

Thanks for the compliments, I was going for the STALKER look, I prefer the waffle mags (the only 5.45 waffle mags I could find in real steel are a small number produced by Arsenal), even though in the game they're only on the AKS74, I don't understand why they did that, maybe they forgot to finish an old skin or something. I plan to build a STALKER style AKS74 with the GP25 and POSP scope on it sometime later, so I'd need the waffle mags for that anyway.

Well, i build AK's for some time now ( about 3 years ) so this are some of my works :)

replikihf1.th.jpg

G&G AKMS ( Polish kbk. AKMS wood set )

Custom Build AKM ( AK74 Boyi base ) ( Polish kbk AKM wood set )

AK105 ( AK74MN Marui base ) (ICS Cover, PK-23 Kvant )

p1010555dm2.th.jpg

AK74MN Marui

bokpj4.th.jpg

Custom build X47 - classic Army SLR105A1 base ( lots off ;) )

p1000990at4wp7.th.jpg

Custom Build AKM - scrap build - most SLR105A1 / King Arms with G&P GP25

34e2dab2c91fdd9am.jpg

AKS74U VFC "Tacticool" with russian reddot "Compact" ( all VFC parts )

p1010701zy2.th.jpg

AKS74U Boyi with custom made wood and PK-A Red Dot

websizeym0.th.jpg

AKS74 Boyi ( Russian made Tula factory AKMS wood set )

Have build more ( no pic ) :

AK74 with GP30 ( STAR )

RPK Scrap build ( Boyi base )

AIMS Carbine ( Gunners custom )

Building : ( something special ( uniqe at that gallery ) - pics soon )

Well I think I'll post my AKSU I posted a while back as I did some stuff to it and came up with a nifty sling mount idea that I'll try to explain. Also have an idea with questions for a friend's gun, and I have to tell about all the AKs I plan to buy/build this summer, as you're the only people who care to listen, lol.

But first, pics:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a22/DanHS...KSUapril091.jpg

Yeah man, that AK is supah fresh!

Sop-pel, I'm loving those AKs! :D

What kind of optic is that shown on the Marui 74M and 74M based 105? You said it was a Pk-23 but it doesn't look like it has any kind of rail mount to me. Is it a side mount only variation?

Edited by Jin15

As some of you know i said some time ago i was building a Tactical AK, well here it is :)

(Inokatsu AKM based w some real steel parts)

I luvh mah AK's

bild126.jpg

bild125.jpg

And with drummag :D

bild123e.jpg

bild124.jpg

And pic of whole collection (crappy quality on this one i know :( i miss Nikon D80)

bild127.jpg

I want Dboys to release a AKMS so i can put my russian akm handguards on something :P

each to their own and all, but i have to say i think that looks horrible GRIM.

i reckon it would look better with a bit of light wear and tear on the rail system (so it looks like an old AKM with a new rail system after a bit of use), but it's generally not my cup of tea.

perhaps swap the eotech for something that looks a bit lower profile, i think the eotech makes the gun look very off balance

Mmm...I think I kinda I like it!

It's certainly different and the 'battle wear' on the buttstock and receiver looks amazing. In that respect it's probably the most realistic airsoft AK I have ever had the pleasure to view!

Perhaps it would be better without the rail? I dunno, I'm no AK expert (I do like AKs with modern optics though)

After watching an episode of The Unit I've always wanted an AK like that (minus the rail and EOTech) but with a KAC QD Silencer. I know it's not for the purists but I quite like the mix of old and new.

Edited by chris u'5

Sop-pel, cool collection, I like the 'scrap builds', sounds like the sort of thing I would do after acquiring enough leftover parts.

Grim, I'm not much of a fan of 'tacticool' AKs, but that looks pretty cool, looks like a well used weapon that was captured and modified with the rail system by an operator or PMC, I just think the EoTech looks a bit too big, maybe go with something smaller and low profile.

Hehe a Tactical ak is a must if you are a collector ;)

I have a ultimak aswell but its on my friends AKMS atm.

And the Eotech i had lying around so i thought i put it on, but i think a short eotech would be better.

But overall its well balansed and feels great to hold.

Just a quick question, figured this would be the best place to ask... I'm thinking about getting this Romanian stock for my AK, but I do need a new body for it. Question is, do I need reciever for a full-stocked AK or a folding stock? It's for an AK47, if that helps.

Romanian sidefolding stocks on ak47 is so FAIL

In real world it would get a *fruitcage*ed up angle on the stock because of the shape of the rear on the ak47 reciver.

Altho this seems to be adjusted to a ak47 rear reciver, but its still fail and i doubt it has ever been done irl since of the weird angle you get.

Edited by GRIM!

LCT is Inokatsu rebrand if i understand corect, and if so they are ok but some miss shaped, a set of real romy HG is real nice and easy to put on and most of all really cheap.

Edited by GRIM!