AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have any opinions about the G&G ak's?

Im looking to get an under folder Ak-47 and so far I like how the G&G's are looking...im just hoping the new editions are equivlaent to the new editions of thier other models, any info is helpful.

Thanks in advance

Reaper.

Anyone have any opinions about the G&G ak's?

Im looking to get an under folder Ak-47 and so far I like how the G&G's are looking...im just hoping the new editions are equivlaent to the new editions of thier other models, any info is helpful.

Thanks in advance

Reaper.

They're rock solid. They are basically RMW/Inokatsu/LCT kits with G&G gearbox/internals. I had the AKMS and the only thing I changed was the hop up bucking to that of a Systema, Guarder SP100 spring, and Guarder Spring guide. The last you don't have to change, I just had one lying around. The thing was a beast. It was the most solid AEG I ever had. Had to sell it because I went into the military so no more time to play. You can't go wrong with the AKMS or the AIMS, both are solid performers

afallan

They're rock solid. They are basically RMW/Inokatsu/LCT kits with G&G gearbox/internals.

think he was asking about their AK47, has been a long time since ther was an Guarder/Inokatsu/LTC whatever you want to call them version of that so I cant see a G&G AK47 having a receiver from there..

IMG_2592copy.jpg

IMG_2594copy.jpg

IMG_2595copy.jpg

Actually put in some work on this today. Fitted the gearbox, fitted the Romanian trigger guard, fitted selector lever, fitted G&G bolt, fitted the top cover. In the process of mounting the stock / stock trunnion permanently. Sad to say my calculation on some measurements were off, which has made mounting the stock harder and probably not as sturdy as I would like it to be. Still have to re work the G&G hop up unit and inner barrel. After that it's all about getting a paint job on the receiver and hollowing out the stock. Not too bad for a test build.

i know 20mm versions exist, i just wondered... why on an AK?

surely if the proper mounting system is already on the gun it'd be sensible to use it. still, each to his own.

edit: post edited to clarify point

That's actually a very good place to mount a red dot on an AK, IMO - no interference with any stock folding, very easy to do target acquisition, and it's center-bore.