AK & Variants Picture Thread

It won't let me edit my own post. So here's the update:

PMACKhyberPassAKM2-.jpg

PMACKhyberPassAKM-.jpg

IMG_2407copy.jpg

It performed pretty well during my game with it. The custom hop up did it's job, have to do some adjustments to the lever since the barrel doesn't let it go all the way forward. Accuracy was acceptable as well as range, not to bad since the inner barrel was bent and there was a large hole in the inner barrel that I fixed with tape.

Edited by ComradeMP1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rather like that bipod.

Tell me moar about it plz :P

This is the AKM-L bipod ("Luna"= moon in russian). Was use, if i am corect with the nsp-2 scope (night vision) .Of course it came from real weapon and costed my about 30 $.

It serve very well as a front grip when you hide the legs inside. After closing its goes under the barrel.

Edited by jojo31

First time I see a complete real front end with trunnion installed on an airsoft receiver. I'm very impressed! BUT, what are you hiding under the stickers, lack of rivets ;)

Howd you get the inner barrel in? Is it's outer diameter smaller then the rifling of the 7.62 barrel?

All it needs now is the handguards, pistol grip, and bolt carrier. That GnG one has an awful shape IMO. Slanted back and very short indent. I'd file it down flat, and the back to 90 degress, and call it an early AKM bolt carrier.

Looking real hot PMAC

Is the barrel also real? I wish the swedish gun laws werent so uptight so i could also convert mine some moore steps, but im allmoust done with converting my AIMS with as much realsteel gun parts as its possible and legal here, only need cleaningrod, trigger guard, rear sight and gasblock then its fully converted^^

First time I see a complete real front end with trunnion installed on an airsoft receiver. I'm very impressed! BUT, what are you hiding under the stickers, lack of rivets ;)

Howd you get the inner barrel in? Is it's outer diameter smaller then the rifling of the 7.62 barrel?

All it needs now is the handguards, pistol grip, and bolt carrier. That GnG one has an awful shape IMO. Slanted back and very short indent. I'd file it down flat, and the back to 90 degress, and call it an early AKM bolt carrier.

Hell yeah, had to step it up a notch, throw the whole thing on there! Barrel trunnion, hell yeah, that's how I rolls. Big plus was I didn't have to go and pin things here and there and what not, pretty sweet too having a real serial number.

Yes. Needs screws there. The inner barrel is really in there, no movement in or out now so a VFC style rig won't work so I need screws even though I would have favored rivots. Screws would keep the front end on nice and tight, remove for removal of the front end to get the gearbox out. I didn't have time to get a AK screw kit and tap set, so I went with that. Pretty much only two screws by the mag well are holding the front end on, and it's doing a pretty good job of that.

Hell no, the outer diameter of the inner barrel is too big for the inner diameter of the 7.62 barrel. I had to thin the barrel by sanding the ###### out of it. First went in by hand with a dremel w/ drum sander and went through all 3 drums I had in about two minutes and only progressed about an inch. Then I went over to my cousin's place and we went at it with a belt sander (pressing it down, it's what bent the barrel), then we went with an osoulating sander, then we locked the inner barrel in a drill slowly rotated it while double teaming it with the belt and osoulating sander, pertty much a threesome right there. Took us quite a while to get it too fit. I had to keep checking to see how far the inner barrel would go in to the barrel and then mark it and start from there again. Man, you guys should have seen how hot the inner barrel got, and man was there lots of smoke.

I have HG's on the way. I'm working on my Romanian Bakelite pistol grip mod. I have a modified Romanian bolt carrier, project stalled because I didn't really see any way I could get it to work, though I'm thinkning of giving it another shot. From the start VFC deco bolt was an option, but I don't really want to.

Looking real hot PMAC

Is the barrel also real? I wish the swedish gun laws werent so uptight so i could also convert mine some moore steps, but im allmoust done with converting my AIMS with as much realsteel gun parts as its possible and legal here, only need cleaningrod, trigger guard, rear sight and gasblock then its fully converted^^

Yeah the inner barrel is real, in the pictures I took while I was putting it together I took pics of the proof markings on the barrel. Horrah for RS parts!

EDIT:

Original plan was to build this bad boy on a CSS receiver blank, have the plans drawn up. Still have the blank on hand. One of the biggest things that kept me from using it was the lack of the X Y axis stampings. Since I wasn't confident at the time and would needs quite of bit of things to get this project rolling, I took an easier route, but I'm still planning on using the blank eventually and of course have that sucker custom engraved and what not. I could strip the CA body for the folding stock trunnion too.

CSSBlank.jpg

Edited by ComradeMP1

Thanks for the comments. I'm still slowly working to finish up the "look" of the Khyber Pass.

Here's a little more.

IMG_2405copy.jpg

Standard length 455mm inner barrel, but it you can't really tell it's there. some slight gun powder on the inside of the slant break along with dirt and grime is pretty sweet.

IMG_2443copy.jpg

Added a new lower HG.

IMG_2442copy.jpg

Oh yes boys and girls, that's no cheap chinese brown colored pistol grip, nor is it a VFC AIMS wannabe bakelite pistol grip. Were talking real bakelite here kiddies. Yes dookie, it's the one I'm making for you. Like I said it's about 90% complete.

This is the second RS pistol grip I've converted. If you'll remember I also did the MPi KM grip. Basically did the same thing as that only I've learned how to do this better.

RSPG3.jpg

RSPG20.jpg

RSPG28.jpg

RSPG40.jpg

This time around I got the pistol grip more even, I used plastic (old phone cards) as the inside supports, got better and more even thickness, and really improved on how I went about making it. Of course because of the angle of the RS compared to the airsoft grip, It'll need to use a spacer. I've cut down the thickness of the spacer needed. I'll post up as soon as I complete the one I'm working on right now.

They're rather easy to make, could be done in one day. But I've been busy and I need moar grind wheels.

BTW, the Comrade's gearbox guide is back up and running after being down for a while.

http://www.airsoftcore.com/forum/index.php...mp;#entry488970

Edited by ComradeMP1