AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Square sausage? Never seen that before.

Anyway, since this place seems to have the highest concetration of AK knowledge, I'll ask my question here.

I've been looking into getting an AKMS. I was going to buy the LCT kit, but it seems to be out of stock at WGC and the full AEG is a hundred bucks more. The G&G on the other hand is only $380. Now my question is, is G&G also part of the Inok-RMW-Guarder-LCT family? Also what is the word on the internals of both guns?

To keep things on topic here's my Kalash:

P1030177.jpg

Yeah I know the couch is really vile, please try to ignore it. That's just the only spot with good natural light this time of the year.

Square sausage? Never seen that before.

Anyway, since this place seems to have the highest concetration of AK knowledge, I'll ask my question here.

I've been looking into getting an AKMS. I was going to buy the LCT kit, but it seems to be out of stock at WGC and the full AEG is a hundred bucks more. The G&G on the other hand is only $380. Now my question is, is G&G also part of the Inok-RMW-Guarder-LCT family? Also what is the word on the internals of both guns?

To keep things on topic here's my Kalash:

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m102/Juriku/P1030177.jpg

Yeah I know the couch is really vile, please try to ignore it. That's just the only spot with good natural light this time of the year.

Yo,

I have a G&G AKMS and I can positively tell you that it is part of the Inok-RMW-Guarder-LCT family. As for the internals, they've never failed me yet. The only thing that I've done to mine was add a guarder spring guide and a guarder sp 100 spring.

afallan

Couple pics to add now :)

DSC00020.jpg

This, ladies and gentleman, is exactly how a real man treats his AKs; like dirt. The AK is famous for being damn near indestructible. Who are we to mess with that legend and keep AKs all shiny and new looking? :P

Man, I can't wait to get an AK so our team can do terrorist hunts. The first thing I'm gonna do it take the steel wool to it's edges, followed by getting some fake rust going. Then, add a few scratches, some dings and voila! :D

you'll never be able to simulate real wear by using a gun. real AKs are carried around by soldiers day in day out, there wont only be scratches from trees etc, there will be corners and raised edges where the finish has rubbed off.

scotch brite pads (non stick pan scourers) are the best method, they are far gentler than steel wool/sandpaper and will leave less abrasion marks.

simulate the wear and abuse the gun in the field to get the battle damage ;)

you'll never be able to simulate real wear by using a gun. real AKs are carried around by soldiers day in day out, there wont only be scratches from trees etc, there will be corners and raised edges where the finish has rubbed off.

scotch brite pads (non stick pan scourers) are the best method, they are far gentler than steel wool/sandpaper and will leave less abrasion marks.

simulate the wear and abuse the gun in the field to get the battle damage ;)

But I like abrasion marks. :P

Sounds like a good idea. The only issue; Airsoft guns are much more fragile internally than real AKs. I guess I would have to remove the gearbox and then beat the hell out of it. :D

i dont mean beat the hell out of it. that would yield unrealistic results. just, while you're skirmishing it put it through more *suitcase* than you need it. e.g. use it like a machete to clear your own path, dont be afraid to smack it into stuff while running. you get the idea :)

and there will be small fine marks on the gun, just not dirty great scratches all over it which you wont see in real life.

I make it an honor not to fake-wear my ak

im just using it, and everytime i look at its dents and

scratches i remember all the times i have used it.

Also, does anyone have a pic of an ak with one of

those scar grip-pod:s attached to the foregrip?

the thought has riddled my mind for some time now :P

Edited by Rufs