AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So can you AK addicts comment on FreedomOptics.com and BinocularSmart.com ? They both have the KOBRA EKP 1S-03 Red Dot that I'm looking for, and binocularSmart is $20 less. I *think* I recall someone saying that FreedomOptics were good... but I don't recall anything about the other company.

Thanks!

I'd also be interested in some info on binocularsmart, as I'm looking at getting a PK-A from them for my AKS-74U.

Do you mean the PK-AS or the PK-A?

I like the looks of the PK-AS. Nice and compact... should go very nicely with the AKS-74U!

Edit:

BTW, been doing some investigating. Seems that BinocularSmart doesn't have the greatest reputation. FreedomOptics, on the other hand appears to be pretty reliable based on customer feedback on various AK forums, and a lot of that feedback is as current as a few days ago. Although it'll cost a little more, I'll be a little more confident as to actually getting the product I paid for. They also have a price match guarantee that I'll see if they'll honor:

Lowest Price Guarantee

If you have seen a lower verifiable advertised price (including "Buy It Now" auction prices) from another online store for the same item in the same condition in stock in the United States, bring it to our attention, and we'll gladly beat their price.

Freedom Optics also have a PK-AS-W.

Also looked into KalinkaOptics but they don't seem to have a fantastic rep. So I'll drop Freedom Optics a line.

Edited by uscmCorps
i dont think the pk-a will fit an aksu, rear site looks like it would get in the way

I think it would rest higher than the rear sight, but I'm unsure.

It's hard to get an idea of the size from the pictures.

uscmcorps,

I looked on freedomoptics for the PK-AS, but couldn't find it. Got a link?

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Edited by CapaciousZepher
uscmcorps,

I looked on freedomoptics for the PK-AS, but couldn't find it. Got a link?

It's the Weaver version, so you'd have to get a weaver side mount:

http://stores.freedomoptics.com/Detail.bok?no=25

If they don't have what you're looking for you could try emailing them at order@freedomoptics.com

:)

Beautiful AKS-74U you got there.

VFC Suppressor?

Nope- home made (don't ask who did it- I am the third owner).

And yes it works as a silencer.

ps. the "AKM" is a CYMA0.28 on original parts (real weapon)

Edited by jojo31

http://www.avtomats-in-action.com/bstakoptics.html

By the looks of those pics, the PK-A would not fit on the AKSU. However, the PK-AV or the PK-AS might.

Oh, and if you are looking for a place to buy it, I would strongly buy it from the link above. The prices are cheaper than those places and the guy who is in charge of this KNOWS what customer service is all about.

Edited by MrBlanks
I'm getting a PK-A in a day or 2 and the guy who i bought it from sold it becasue it doesn't fit on AKSU.

That would be me ;p

And yeah, it doesn't fit an AKS74U, unless you remove the rear sight. A PK-AS would be an option, as it's much shorter than a PK-A.

Edited by j3T
http://www.avtomats-in-action.com/bstakoptics.html

By the looks of those pics, the PK-A would not fit on the AKSU. However, the PK-AV or the PK-AS might.

Oh, and if you are looking for a place to buy it, I would strongly buy it from the link above. The prices are cheaper than those places and the guy who is in charge of this KNOWS what customer service is all about.

I tried that about a month ago, and he was out of stock of PK-A and PK-AS. The former will probably not be available again, as it is out of production afaik.

I've done other business with Tantal though, and he definitely is a good retailer.

Edited by fryxharry

The PK-A DOES fit. BUT we had to rip apart the rear sight.

I am unsure if this one mounts more centre, or to the left side as most Russian scopes do. But my friends PK-A scope, mounted on ak74su fits perfectly with half the rear sight ripped off.

If you check this vid with us in it, we both have dragunov's and both have ak74su's. He has the PK-A on his, I have the kobra.

Enjoy :)

Edit: His AK can be seen about the 2.04 min mark.

Edit again: A guy in previous page already said that you would have to remove rear sight - We just ripped half of it off. :)

Edited by Blood-Clot