AK & Variants Picture Thread

GRIM, I hate to say it but that looks kinda good :P

Been working a bit om my AKMS to give it a more worn look. Refinished the wood too.

akms4.jpg

For those who wonder about the DM AK's, they're really nice :)

Edited by Snigel
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok thanks guys, I was looking on WGC, I see the LCT 09 kit and the LCT 08 complete gun, both AKM's. Which one should I get? I am leaning towards the '09 kit as I think it has the real take down to it. Am I right or wrong?

Also, I am buying me about 8 AK mag shells (7 bucks a pop :) ) and I am hopefully going to mod them like GRIM did.

Grim: I think its quite hard to get anything to do with weapons in my country, as far as im aware i would only really be able to buy shotguns. Although im not clued up on gun laws in my country, i only know that the police and the bad guys are the only guys with firearms :P

as long as it's not a pressure bearing part it's fine. so handguards, magazines, stocks etc are all fine.

edit: get the LTC '09 model over the '08. better built in general and has proper takedown.

Edited by my_plague_666

Rambo Kid: If I'm not mistaken, the newest dboys aks74 is a 100% clone of the vfc. Or maybe i'm thinking of the cyma?

Anywhay, I myself would think that both require some modification to the handguards. Not much, just some filing here and there.

My $0,02

I have a DBoys AKS74, and it took a little bit of filing of the wood grips to make my real grips fit, and even though they fit, there's still a little bit of pure wood underneath showing through on one side. But as far as I'm aware, the DBoys are pretty much copies of the VFC, so I'd guess you'd have to do the same to a VFC.

pick the model you want buy from the manufacturer that offers it Tbh theres not much folks can 'help' with that part of the choice given all three are different models from different periods

real sword has the most realistic fit and finish of the three (as in replicates it rather than just approximates it for the model its attempting to be) also has the best set of out the box gearbox internals (but often needs work done on the hop). Kinda academic though if you actually prefer the look of a 74 or want a gun for a russian loadout..

If its going to be a "dress it up in real bits gun to personalise it and make it my own as an interesting long term project" then theres not a lot you can do to a T56, 95 percent of it is already done - the finish is correct the furnitures correct buy yourself a real bayonet, a real sling and maybe tape a real chinese mag onto the side of the airsoft one with a few inert rounds showing and well thats about it..

Edited by snorkelman

depends what you want them to do. if you dont mind staying at about 310 it'll run stock for ages.

the gears are very tough, the motors arent too great and i believe most of the internals are polycarbonate so they should be strong enough.

i've never had problems from either of my VFCs, and one of them is a 1st run AKSU