Soldering Techniques for Airsoft

infected

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks Infected for this video. As others have mentioned too my soldering skills also sucked big time and your video helped ALOT when I rewired my m14 and installed a mosfet from you (BTW thanks again for assistance with that too). Your stuff is top notch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
coming from the rc world, another thing i do when soldering deans plugs; is i plug the two connectors together (male/ female plugs) to keep the tabs from melting and moving, so they will still line up after its all said and done!

that's a good tip, and one I forgot to include.

Strip and clean both wire ends.

Slightly flatten both ends (so they are a kind of V shape

Apply flux to both ends, and then tin*.. both ends

Hold the tinned ends together, then heat with iron. You will see all the solder melt around the same time (as it conducts heat very well..) Once it has melted, take off the iron, and hold the wires until the solder has solidified again.

Test the strength of the connection, you shouldn't be able to pull it apart by hand.. if it strong enough heat shrink it and your done.

*tin = 'cover' both ends in solder by heating the wires and allowing solder to flow over them.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived