Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

infected

Soldering Techniques for Airsoft

The smell of solder takes me back to school; i was at soldering circuit boards but i loved to melt that sruff down and huff that cola type smell...now im grown (if not matured), im wondering about other applications for solder. I dont need to stick anything but

Id like my ak to have a smooth stainless steel finish; Ive tried mettalic paints without success. So i guess my question is what could i melt down to get that, can it be done, and how would Iapply it evenly? I have access to pure some alloys and metals anx of course respiration gear

Oh right bit vague there. Nah not the tin , but a proper metal; got access to metals and alloya inc titanium steel iron copper brass well just metal really.

I want to learn to do this as one day i hope to sell hand built, tuned and finished airsoft guns; so i diy any work to learn; I do thijgs the hardest way to achieve that, finishing is a major part of it. Fort Nelson have just accepted me as a volujteer- Ill learn about restoring which im bloody psyched about. I mean if a centuries old chines cannon can be restored to its former glory, there must be a way to make the triangular ak stock look a bit more reinf9rced and well not like scrap metal.

Would say that electroplating, which is probably what you mean, has nothing to do with soldering and would be better suited to another, new, thread rather than talking about it in a thread about soldering.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.