.50AE/ 40mm Anti-Freak Hand-Cannon

21suicide

Here it is: the .50Action Express/ 40mm Anti-Freak Hand-Cannon

l_d165df3a9e996b4c02cf1c4a2d55adf7.jpg

Equipped with 10" barrel, and underbarrel RIS 40mm grenade launcher,

clocks in around 396FPS now, gotten it to fire 440+ on a good day,

Production pictures to follow!

~21

Unless one's ridiculously strong, I'd see that thing having a wireframe stock or someting to steady it for potshotting...

But it's so ugly that it sets a question: Shouldn't it be FREAK cannon? Not ANTI-freak, since that thing... Just... Okay. I want two. :) And a red overcoat and floppy hat. :)

wanna see how i made it?

::Original Slide and Barrel::

l_403e4e33570d083bdf8ecce79c6af10e.jpg

-So, the original slide and barrel were epoxied together. NO clue how to dismount the recoil spring assembly from the slide so ended up just taking out the rods and left the rest of the junk in there...

::10inch Barrel Fitting::

l_55e40bb8ccd4fadc5aa8d502a2309ca5.jpg

-hacked the front of the 10inch barrel off, more epoxy for the new front end. funny story, this thing actually BROKE the first time i fired it...

::Dry Fit::

l_52168a281992cedbd654196752d2b9a0.jpg

-on the original body. Note: hacked off front part of frame from this D.E.

::Final Bonding::

l_7167e3b410f0d70dbef708d5d1b2fefb.jpg

-yes... thats ALOT of JB weld... and ALOT of sanding [pesky trademarks...]

::Final Fitting::

l_6223270b7c809d7be7ce79df0c6119ff.jpg

-brand new metal slide/barrel D.E. came in, lots of spray, lots of sanding. bolted a rail to keep the assembly solid

and all that's different from here's a metal frame-mounted rail and the nade launcher

~21

@sandstorm: +1 kudos for you for getting the hellsing reference! it actually does say "Jesus Christ is in Heaven Now" on the other side...

Well you can definitely hold your hand up and say that your Deagles "One of a Kind!" ;) After looking at it, it reminds me of the STARS custom airsoft guns that were advertised years ago (if memory serves, there was a giant Desert Eagle like that, only with a funky custom STARS grip and minus the launcher - I'll try and find the pic)

Edit...

here

bio007.jpg

EPIC WIN! love it!

only things i'd change would be to have the launcher permanently attached to the gun so it could sit more flush with the trigger guard. it'd also be cool to have the trigger for the 40mm in the back of the trigger guard so you can operate it one handed. if you could find some way of making it selective fire it would be the greatest thing EVER!

i want one of these more than words can say. i may have to make something similar at some point.

That's insane, in a good way of course. How much does it weigh?

You might be able to get away with swapping recoil springs, mags, and frames in a KWC CO2 Desert Eagle with the ones from a KWC GG Eagle to make it selective fire, but that would mean using all KWC parts. It would have a metal slide and barrel, but I think cooldown would be problematic (but it's a 10 long Desert Eagle, so I guess practicality isn't an issue.)

So here's what its made of:

1 Plastic KWC Desert Eagle 10" set ~$110

1 Metal KWC Desert Eagle ~$110

1 Madbull mx203 grenade launcher ~$120

1 random plastic rail -$0

1 random metal g36 rail -$0

i've thought about doing select fire, could probably fab it with the current system...

i've got a metal m16 upper receiver rail that i want to replace the top barrel rail, might do it, but its alot more cutting...

~21

rhino, do you think that could be found anywhere for sale?

The STARS Desert Eagle custom is a one off fan build, It might be possible to try and have the Kendo custom guys make one for you, but I'm unsure if that is one of their customs ? or if they still exist ?

As for the OP, that is one ridiculously huge hand cannon, love it :D

Archived