Need a hand from my friends in the UK

theshano

hey guys

Ive recently been communicating with a guy from the uk about purchasing a top 249 from him. My main concern is that im going to send the money (via paypal) and hes not going to send the gun. Basically im from the USA and i dont really know any of your shipping laws and if theres a secure way to do this. He has been very fast responding to my questions, although it seems he doesnt speak very good english, he does try quite hard. One thing thats been bothering me is that his email is from a site called allsearchengines.co.uk and im not sure if its a secure site, or hes just using it to 'spoof' me. I guess i could just be a little paranoid, but any suggestions or help would be much appreciated. Also, i dont use forums really at all, so i dont know if this is where this post belongs.

thanks

i feel you can never be to paranoid on the internet.

i personaly would stick to trades within your own country mate, things will be alot easier plus you wont have to wait or pay so much for shipping. if you cant find what you want on these forums im sure there will be some one else selling on othre Airsoft Forums im affraid i dont know of any american ones though.

after reading the p-p-p-powerbook scam today its made me think twice about sending goods before you get the money or money before the goods,

id demand a phone number from the guy that actualy works may cost abit on the phone bill but it will ease your mind knowning that its all ligit.

hoe it goes ok for you.

TheBauer

[he said he doesnt have a digital camera, and that he bought it on vacation for his son, who didnt want it cause it wasnt the right one

Yeah but for 650 bucks he'd find a way to get a photo for you dude...

How did you hear about this guy selling it?

sounds like a scam to me- besides, if you shop around for long enough, you CAN get an M249 for that kind of money (a shop display model for example from WGC went for that amount last year)

Probably better to pay a little more and get a brand new one anyway.

try gunsnguys.com for rock bottom prices.

oh, and paypal to the best of my knowledge will only guarantee refunds of £200 maximum. (less their fees for refunding and looking into it)

bottom line- don't buy anything for more than £150 ($300 USD) via paypal unless its a reputable business.

small update-

My friend made a good suggestion, he said i can send the money with western union to the kid with a password. once i recieve the gun, i give him the password, and he gets to cash the money order. whadda u guys think? is this failsafe, or is Will's idea bad, and should suffer for it?

It look strikingly similar to me, same gun same story same sort of price,same sort of situation. I would give it up as a bad job man. As said above, I wouldn't like to soo you get ripped off.

Edit: Western union and moneygram are notorious scam-friendly sites. I dont know any details because I avoid them like the plague, but there are thousand of scams going on with them; google for `western union scam` and you'll see what I mean.

It look strikingly similar to me, same gun same story same sort of price,same sort of situation. I would give it up as a bad job man. As said above, I wouldn't like to soo you get ripped off.

Im definitly hanging onto the idea by a thread, im not going to send money without assurance im not getting ripped i.e. escrow.com or the western union thing.

perhaps as a sign of good faith hell send me the gun first, then i can send the cash :) he has all my info, but sadly, i havent got any of his, except where to send the money, coicidentally, of course ;)

sounds proper dodgy to me dude.

like somebody said, for the sort of money hes asking, he should give you many photos.

and the fact he doesnt speak english very well, yet hes in the U.K? fair enough, it could be perfectly legit, but it could also be somone on the other side of the planet writing ###### english e-mails to you, who doesnt even know what a 249 is.

i'd steer clear. if you lose that money, you're gonna be severely gutted.

If he wants to sell it that bad then tell him to go get a camera (disposable) and take a bunch of pictures then go some where and have them developed and then have the pictures put on a CD and then he can up load then on his comp and show you. If doesen't want to spend $15 or so on a camera to get $600 then hes crazy and your better off. ;)

UPDATE-

I confirmed earlier today that this kid is indeed a scammer, and has been scamming people for a quite some time. he hops from account to account both email and paypal, stealing money from kids, then spending it on himself before people have time to realize he isnt in fact shipping the item promised. By the time you file a claim to paypal and they try to take the money back, not suprisingly, it has already been spent. and when paypal suspends his account, he simply makes a new email address and registers for a new paypal account, and begins scamming again. I learned to definitly not trust paypal accounts that arnt registered to reputable isp, such as, verizon, charter, comcast ect. I will definitly not be buying from free access websites like, in this case, allsearchengines.co.uk. i aquired lots of information today, and what this kid is doing is just wrong, he has literally scammed thousands of dollars from our community. you can read the full scoop here---

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=15033

[he said he doesnt have a digital camera, and that he bought it on vacation for his son, who didnt want it cause it wasnt the right one

I've heard of a guy who had this same situation, he said he bought the gun for his sun, and he didn't want it. The guy seemed really shady, and the guy that was gonna buy it from him didn't do the deal.

Archived