G&G AKMS Review

Background Info:

After seeing my Birthday roll up around the corner I was eager to find a new AK that fits me, and low and behold this new G&G AKMS come out only 2 weeks before. I ordered it on the 3rd day it was released, and then paid for it on Tuesday of the following week. This gun was sold out in the first 4 Days it was released, but WGC Shop quickly learned to restock it and I got mine only a couple days later than if it was in-stock.

Now to the AKMS itself:

0000585zp7.jpg

-The box art is quite nice as you can see, unlike the standard AEG boxes it is G&G design, meaning to open it you slide it out of the box not open a lid up.

0000586ng6.jpg

-Here is some more box art, you can see the side view of the box.

0000587rm2.jpg

-Here is the inside the box, noticed the how the gun is packaged firmly and tight with Styrofoam.

-As shown, it comes with a manual, bb bag of 100 bbs, a Hi-Cap magazine, and a unjamming rod.

0000590by3.jpg

-Here is the manual included. It is shiny, filled with a bunch of AKMS and AIMS graphics. It also shows the basic operation of the rifle etc.

0000592gq2.jpg

Here is the included magazine, it is a Hi-cap. I haven't used it yet. I have tested it out with Marui standards and it fed flawlessly with them.

0000593it7.jpg

Here is the supplied bbs and a front sight adjuster. The tool sucks though, because the front sight is very tight [the leaf is] and so when your trying to use a plastic took to turn it, your not going to get that far :lol:

0000596oa2.jpg

-Here is a nice side-view of the gun, notice it has a more blacker appearance than of it's original design, being a Full Inokatsu/RMW AKMS clone.

0000598ny0.jpg

-Another side view and close-up.

Edited by dookieboy

0000600se5.jpg

-Up-close of the front end.

0000603bu0.jpg

-Nice crisp and clear sights.

0000605ma6.jpg

-And the right side of this beauty.

Final Thoughts

FPS: I am thinking its around 300 to 350 when I shot it, the gearbox seems really smooth.

RoF: Seems to be quite nice and steady, I'd say around 850.

Accuracy: This is the only thing they could have improved a bit on, it shoots good, but not as nice as my VFC AKS-74. Nothing a new TM rubber wouldn't fix.

Range: Seems to be about a max of 150 to 160 feet. I have measured this out and physically tested this.

Cons:

-They could have made the hop up a bit better, but it feeds nice with TM mags so I'm happy.

-Though it lacks a bit in the battery space department, and you might notice when pulling back your charging handle that the new Hop-Up lever is way thicker and bulkier than the TM one so it sometimes will catch on the Bolt if you let it slide forward fast, so you have to be a bit gentle.

-The cleaning rod under the gun seems to be very loose on mine, so I wrapped the end that goes into the gun with some tape and shoved it back in, and I have no problems with wobbles now.

-It uses a Marui-type battery storage space, so there is no room the the gas tube for a battery.

All in all I am VERY happy with this gun seeing it is ROCK-SOLID. I swear they must have welded everything together :P. It is the same construction as a Inokatsu.

If you have any question on this beauty please post up here!

Thanks for reading!

Edited by dookieboy

I agree more meaningful pictures would be nice. Like with the dust cover off. A picture of the hopup unit. The front trunion area. Underside with the magwell. Area's that shows how it's built. I'm not saying you're lying but it would be nice to have pics just to see for ourselves.

Like I said I'm not saying you are lying or that you don't know what you're talking about. And again having some pictures with more meaning like the hopup unit, magwell and sutff. So we the readers can decide for ourselves about this. Especially, since not all of us have access to examine one in person.

And if you don't feel like taking pictures than that's fine by me. I think I can survive. BTW I do believe cameras can work indoors too. But than again I haven't taken a picture in over a year so I could be wrong.

Edited by freq88
  • 2 weeks later...

Yup, worth every penny if you want an AKMS. Best one out there being good for the money, and looks and quality wise. The shoulder stock part is really tight at first so you have to use the gun a bit before it becomes somewhat easier to fold mid-game. TM and G&Ps feed good in this gun, TM have a bit more play though than the G&P mags.

I'm trying to decide if I should get the G&G AIMS or the VFC AIMS. Although I love my G&G UMG, I've always heard so many horror stories about G&G guns' QC that it's left me a bit nervous investing in another G&G gun. But looking at photos of the two AIMS, the G&G appears to be a little more authentic looking. Anyone know how the two compare? Also interested in knowing how they compare to the RMW AIMS.

Well I haven't put that many rounds through mine, maybe One thousand. I'd say get the G&G AKMS its solid as hell, it auctually is as solid as my VFC AKS-74. It seems like they have the set screws built in more solidly, as they aren't poking out at all. The G&G gearbox is really nice too, having used mine and compared it with my other AKs it sounds way smoother, plus my friends G&G ver.III box form his UMG has worked flawlessly upgraded with a M110 for over 100K rounds.

I just got mine today. Only niggle I've had is that the top cover is kind of a pain to get back on and the limited battery space is kind of a downer. On the performance end (so far) this rifle has excellent range AND accuracy. I'll be using it in a skirmish on Sunday I'll let you all know how she performs. B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...