Stupidity

Atty

It was a fast paced game and I turned around, in the distance (a speckle) I saw a sniper and for some unknown reason instead of firing back (although I probably wouldn't have hit him) I raised my arms and shouted "HIT!"... I thought to myself "wtf, why did I do that?", I have no idea & I wasn't even hit, I was having a daydream blonde moment.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, plenty of stupid moments. i remember my first game ages ago at phoenix urban, a team has the medblock sealed up. there's a guy in the door firing at anyone who passes so i think "bugger this" as he's hosing a team mate trying to run past i pop out and line up, perfect shot it'll get suprisingly all three guys crouched in the doorway....

or it would if i didn't have my rifle on safe....queue pain and a long walk to the regen.

reaching for a mag from my chicom i've accidentily hit the spring release on one, (CA) i was wondering why i suddenly had BB's up my nose... it must have looked like i just exploded into a shower of bb's from a distance.

whilst hiding out in a room with only one exit, (yes we're fools) someone throws in a thermobaric flashbang. no big deal i think its a big open room. of course as it goes off it sets fire to a shedload of pallet shrink wrapping that was lying on the floor. so i go running over stomping on it with my size 12's to put it out shouting "FIRE! FIRE"

the opfor popped into the doorway and gladly obliged me...

i've seen a m8 and some friendlies make a run at the large warehouse bottom of PU, he had the idea of throwing a grenade through one of the huge windows there, these things are like what 8 feet wide by about 4-5 feet tall or something daft. in his haste to get rid of the already lit nade he flings it, only for it to hit the wall below the damn window. even better the thing split spilling its contents. of course now everyone's flat against this wall as the powder charge falls to the floor, miraculously it falls into a drain and detonates there. heh

Played a game where we were instructed to "patrol, not camp". So I got half of our patrol singing the Mickey Mouse march, like the end of Full Metal Jacket. That was pretty stupid as they knew where we were and evaded our patrol quite easily.

Forgot the bug spray once too. Never again as I have sweet tasty blood and I'm a sniper who lays in stinking wet ditches full of deer ###### and mosquitoes.

Pah, amateur...last time I skirmished, I started off with an AK74 on my back, an RPK in my hands and 2 pistols on my person.

Then the battery burnt out on the RPK, the AK74 ended up not feeding, and the 1911 decided it didn't like green gas...felt pretty stupid. But it's alright! I ended up taking the stock off my RPK and lekky-taping a battery to the side. Stock-less support weapon FTW :P

Pah, amateur...last time I skirmished, I started off with an AK74 on my back, an RPK in my hands and 2 pistols on my person.

Then the battery burnt out on the RPK, the AK74 ended up not feeding, and the 1911 decided it didn't like green gas...felt pretty stupid. But it's alright! I ended up taking the stock off my RPK and lekky-taping a battery to the side. Stock-less support weapon FTW :P

I guess you're also a fan of the New-York Reload style... :P

I remember once standing in a firefight pulled the pin to my dynotec grenade just as the marshall calls for a cesfire......still holding the grenade i went to replace the pin and the spoon moved just enough for the fire mech to engaged........all i can say is 12 gauge cartridge in your hand in a small space equals temp deafness ringing ears for rest of the day and a sore hand...

Stupidest thing i've ever done whilst skirmishing...

Well...

For some reason me and several others got bored in the middle of a game, so we decided to play an airsoft version of baseball... so i was standing there, aiming my bat (AUG stock) at the thrower, who was throwing a bb grenade at me... i hit the grenade straight up, and it landed on my head hard, then exploded... it really hurt, but christ was it hilarious...

well i have two;

background im a sniper always have been always will be, well occasionally ill pick up a support gun and go Rambo. but anyways

I camped on a perfect knoll, great view, zero'ed in certain points. picked off a couple officers, and took down an enemy squad(well about 6 guys) now this was a big game, and so i lite up a cigerette and lay there, now the smoke got in my eye alittle because as i exhauled i saw people and immediately moved into attack mode. unfortunately my eyes were rather blurred and the teams red or blue tape was hidden well. i took down 4 guys out of 5 before i realized this was friendly group. the real kicker was apparently the first person i shot happened to be my girlfriend...and i got an earful later that day.

second, while sucking down lots of water on a really hot day i had to take a leak, and far behind enemy lines in an awesome spot i knew i didnt want to walk all the way back to the porta jons, so i go to take a leak and right as im finishing up a enemy platooncomes charging almost infront of me. of course they called safety as they quite literally caught me with my pants down, but i like to not dwell on that fiasco.

Before, I was laughing at you fools and your foolishness. Today I join your ranks;

I recently upgraded a mech box of one of my aegs, just replaced a piston head and the spring. I did this but kept having troubles, instead of adding fps it reduced it by 90% and had feeding issues etc.. Anyways, today i figured out what my problem was, and all happy i put everything back together.

Now comes the foolishness... I plugged the battery in and (without a magazine in) put my hand in front of the barrel to see if the air coming out felt about right. stupidly i did not check to see if the barrel was clear of bbs from my previous attempts at firing this thing. I found out that yes, the gun works just fine now all nice and upgraded and it really really REALLY hurts if you shoot your fingers at point blank. :crazy:

stupidly i did not check to see if the barrel was clear of bbs from my previous attempts at firing this thing. I found out that yes, the gun works just fine now all nice and upgraded and it really really REALLY hurts if you shoot your fingers at point blank. :crazy:

Yep, Not the only one there, except i did it with a gas pistol into my nipple... the gas was cold enough to amuse me, so i shot myself in the nipple, playing with the gas was fun up till that... LOL

Back in the early days, ramming a low cap into my TM M4 upside down. Suprisingly it wouldn't feed and when I put my hand on the bottom to push it into the gun harder, I felt the feed hole on the mag... woops.

Shooting myself in the hand at point blank because I couldn't hear or see the rounds coming out of a Maruzen P99 NBB.

Not watching where I was going, while I tried to impress my onlooking girlfriend. Running full tilt, stood on a perfectly round fence post laying in the grass, which under my weight rolled sideways, with my foot still ontop of it. I effectively kicked my other leg out from under me and ended up sprawled out on my back in full CIRAS, etc. Then my teammate, with a show of great concern for my welfare, came over and teabagged me.

A sniper was shooting at me so I ducked behind a log and heard a bb wiz over my head. I saw that he was about 100 yards away, maybe a little less, so I popped up to engage a different target and thought to myself "Hey, there's no way he'll hit me, he's way out of ra-"WHACK!!!! Center of the forehead. Huge welt.

General John Sedgwick (1813-1864)

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."

I own a TM XL bb loader in the M16/m4 mag shape, and had left it in one of my mag pouches for some reason. During the next game, I reached in and grabbed it and tried to load it into my gun... Which is a G36, not armalite. :headbutt: In my defense, I was under heavy fire and in a bit of a rush to get reloaded... <_< I did manage to get reloaded though, after I figured out my mistake.

Well I was borrowing an MP5k and couldn't find a comfortable spot for my large hands. Well, I finally find a spot for my off hand to hold and I didn't realize (until I pulled the trigger that is) that this spot left my half of my finger over the flash hider. Was neat to pop a perfectly round blood blister though.

At the time I was using a CA M4 with a M203 attatchment. It was the first time I'd ever used the M203, and I'd only fired it just outside the safety zone to check it was all cool. So I went back inside the safety zone, filled it up, then when out to the skirmish.

About ten minutes into the game I sneak up behind three enemies, who are all prone and aiming their weapons through some long grass. I stand there, with a big grin on my face and go "Haha! Eat M203!". Click. Click. I squeezed the trigger as hard as I could but nothing happened! Damn idiot that I am forgot to fill the gas. They laughed at me for a bit, and watched amused at my frustrated looks as I tried to figure out what was wrong, then let me have it with some major overkill! =[

Back in my n00b days i played a whole game, without firing a shot... sounds good so far.

Good job i didn't need to fire as the safety was on the whole time... we've all done it. I've also turned up to an evening without my BBs, & without my eye protection, another i turned up without any kind of loading tool... loading BBs one at a time gets boring VERY quickly.

Snake

Aimed my rifle shot someone, who yelled something and held his ear, proceded to rush past him and attack his terammate, only for him to shoot me, ceasefire called to work out what the hell happened, apparently he wasnt hit (no marks) the bb just whizzed past his ear scaring teh ###### out of him pretty funny though.

Aimed my rifle shot someone, who yelled something and held his ear, proceded to rush past him and attack his terammate, only for him to shoot me, ceasefire called to work out what the hell happened, apparently he wasnt hit (no marks) the bb just whizzed past his ear scaring teh ###### out of him pretty funny though.

Sounds like cheat to me?????

Snuk up on enemy VIP (who was covered in ballons) he was busy while I snuck up behind him with a double eagle shotgun, from about 10ft away I missed twice due to shear disbelief and excitement then managed to reload behind him (in the open!) and proceeded to pop one of the ballons (which he still didn't notice!) at which time my team mates catch up and shout "are you sure he's not on our side" to which the enemy VIP turns round and shoots me, the whole thing lasted about 30 seconds/

at yesterdays game, we were doing an attack/defend scenario with medics. Member of my team gets hit so i try to move into position to tag him back in but get picked off in the progress. I call "Hit" and hold my hand up. Around 30 yards away i see another guy moving towards us so i keep my hand up to show i'm out (and not get shot by accident). He manages to sidle over and counts me back in. I then unload my shotgun and turn to thank him when i suddenly realise that he hasn't got our teams stripe on his arm. We both look at each other and realise at the same time. I go for the shotgun but forgot i'd taken the shell out and he promptly "Surrender/Killed" me on the spot <_<

Important lessons:

1; put bong eyes back in to id whether the members are on the same team as you

2; don't feel confident and start unloading your weapon WITHOUT checking the above

:bleh::D

Archived