SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhm i hear its pretty hard and you have to be a professional. I know for one thing is that id never try and assemble my own gun. is there like a local airsoft store you can take it to?

no unfortunately not well my mom lives near atlanta so maybe i can try and get airsoft atlanta to do it... well oh well i might just buy a metal slide and silencer

I don't have much experience with assembling guns do you know how hard it is and do you know of any web-sites that would do it for me?

I do all my own guns and beleive it or not it's more about taking your time and owning the correct tools for the job.

I rebuilt my friends P226 to exactly the same as mine and it took me a little over 2 hours to complete 1 hour of that was sanding the slide mounts as it was rubbing in certain areas the other hour was dismantling the gun, switching over upgrade parts then dropping them into the metal body.

Take your time, buy the correct tool, refere to the manuals and the forums and you should have no problems. I think everyone should learn how to maintain and repair thier collection as it seems odd that many here are prepared to drop x amount of cash on a gun only to have someone else do the fun part.

P226 I used, a couple of preceision screwdrivers, an allen key, a pin hammer (for koncking throught the pins that hold the hammer group)

a set of decent needle files for removing material in the way (sometimes just removing the paint from the friction points is enough. and sometimes I use a piece of emery paper glued to a piece of mdf to create a giant flat sanding area.

I rub the top of the frame on it to give a really nice finish. you can probably do without that last one.

Just remember that when you are sanding first work out where it is rubbibg and remove very small ammounts of material at a time.

You can sand more off but you can't put any back on.

be patient and work deliberately.

Stunt

P226 I used, a couple of preceision screwdrivers, an allen key, a pin hammer (for koncking throught the pins that hold the hammer group)

a set of decent needle files for removing material in the way (sometimes just removing the paint from the friction points is enough. and sometimes I use a piece of emery paper glued to a piece of mdf to create a giant flat sanding area.

I rub the top of the frame on it to give a really nice finish.  you can probably do without that last one.

Just remember that when you are sanding first work out where it is rubbibg and remove very small ammounts of material at a time.

You can sand more off but you can't put any back on.

be patient and work deliberately.

Stunt

well i will spend more on the tools then when i can just find someone to do it for me

I see your point.

I guess there are three kinds of 'softers;

those that can count and those that can't.

No, I guess some don't want to take apart all their guns and just want to play and have no hassle. I can respect that but.

I just have to dissasemble all my guns to their components the minute I get them. When I get to a point that I can't dismantle past because I don't have the tool I buy it. I bought a T05 driver so I could strip my G18c MAEG.

After a while I found myself with a huge tool kit. It stems from when I started the guns came in kits.

If you don't want to, don't bother. If I lived near you I'd do it for you. I enjoy it.

Stunt

took me 2 hours for a perfect filing job on the blowback system when installing a Guarder Metal slide. Personally, Right now i hate guarder because they forgot to thread the left screw holes for the grips. I used a cutting wheel and a buffing wheel to grind down nubs. And You will need a hex key too although I used my torx driver instead(i love them!!). I know titleist lives 30minutes away from me and I could get help from him or AEX. I will post pics of mine soon after I get it all working and I get my new recoil spring and outer barrel.

I need to look into getting some tools so I can metal up my P226, Ill probably mess it up though and havent decided on a kit yet....its a decision between all black or black body and silver slide.

Whats the best metal kits and which take the least messing with to fit onto a TM Sig?

Edited by starburst

I am ordering some new stuff from www.wgcshop.com I am gonna get a Marui P226 and a Guarder Metal body kit silver railed and a threaded outer barrel with a G&G SS 100 silencer is this good or do you recommend something else. I wonder if wgc will do the upgrading for me. If you know anything please reply