SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, have a look inside the slide for any spring clip or screw. If there is not then it is either part of the slide casting or wedged/glued in place.

sorry, i should have been more clear.

I recently bought a broken TM P226 for spares/repairs for my current Sig, and it was missing the front sight. UNCo in their spare parts section for the KJ P226, sell the rear sight, but not the front, although if you buy the KJW slide as a spare part, it comes with the front sight.

If it is removable, then i will have to buy the slide and take off the sight, as there is no where else that sells it as a spare.

To keep it on topic, heres a pic of the two P226's:

PICT0081.jpg

PICT0096.jpg

SIG_Pachmayr_desktop_1024.jpg

TM P226 based

Guarder metal frame, slide, outer barrel and spring upgrade

Nineball ball bearing spring guide

KM 6.04 inner barrel

Pachmayr P226 grips (real steel)

To avert the obvious question, the grips were a labour of love. A lot of grinding, filing, cutting and cursing. I didn't own a dremel when I started this job and it would have helped a bit, but mostly it was grinding. The screws that came with the grips didn't fit, so with a lot of force, I was able to squish the rubber down a bit so the stubby little TM screws could find a thread. They can't be more than 2-3 threads seated, but the pressure of the grip pressing against it keeps them tight, no worries thus far. The hammer release requires a little manual nudge to get back to the fully upright position after use, but it functions normally. Had to cut away some of the rubber inside the grip there to allow for the mechanism to operate. Other than that, I'm pleased with the look and the feel is 10x better than the plastic ######. I'm happy.

The NineBall spring guide comes with a little metal insert that took a little convincing to seat in the Guarder metal slide, but it went and is a noteable improvement. The action on this particular part is quite nice.

What is it with OD framed pistols at the moment? I can't stand the 1911 or Beretta 92 versions and they're my favourite guns. And yet i've seen a nice Glock 18 :blink: and Hi-Cappa I wouldn't mind and I hate those guns (and that 226 isn't bad either)

i was wondering, is there a cheaper version of this?

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...AOBSV_srch_p226

all i can find is the black ones

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...22601_srch_p226

and this one

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...610SV_srch_p226

the thread can't be removed.

Maybe i'll have to settle for the regular silver one

it claims to bring smoother recoil, but it is a waste of money; it really does nothing.

I was pleased with my purchase, as mentioned in my review above. It does have the short stroke spring, but I just kept the guarder upgraded spring I had. I like the last shot slide lockback too much. The nine-ball has two elements that improve performance other than the short-stroke spring. It has a ballbearing washer at the base of it so the spring doesn't twist-up when it bunches. Perhaps someone with experience on the subject would describe why this is a good thing. The second thing is it is slightly thinner than the standard guide rod and comes with two sheaths that fit into the hole on the slide where the rod protrudes. These endcaps have different properties and fit snuggly to the guide rod preventing it from having any play in the slide (as the stock TM piece did), thus it doesn't rattle. Lastly, if you see the TM beside the Nineball, you'll see clearly that the milled stainless Nineball version is a higher quality product, built to last. Does it change the world? no, but so neither do half the upgrades we put in the guns, but it DOES do something.

I Have a stainless guiderod with bearing and I just like the way it looks when the slide is locked back.

I have a stainless barrel and a black slide and frame and it looks the mutts danglys.

the bearing stops the spring twisting and thereby stops the inside of the spring binding on the guiderod.

Makes more of a difference on my AEGs and TMP but it still does something.

Stunt