SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well I know they're available from MidwayUK, though the price may be a bit high..

I believe Slug gets his grips from ebay almost exclusively, and I have got my tulipwood grips (they're plain, not checkered or textured) from Davedawg (not the ones he pictures in this thread, they are replacements made of a different wood-type which he recieved back after selling his 226)

ta.

Yep they were from eBay.com. It does rely on finding a seller willing to post to the UK though.

They sell the exact ones on the Sigarms website, although I don't think they will post overseas. Might be worth checking out:

Sigarms Site

HBC I'm sure yours is going to look great! I wish I had bought a Prime kit now. However the Creation ones not bad at all, and its one of the loudest and strongest kicking GBB's I've got :) .

HBC I'm sure yours is going to look great! I wish I had bought a Prime kit now. However the Creation ones not bad at all, and its one of the loudest and strongest kicking GBB's I've got  :) .

Ooh, coming from a man with a multitude of WA 1911s that's mighty impressive..

The first GBB I ever owned was a 226, but I only ever ran it on abbey and that was a long time ago any rate. Hopefully Un will do a good job installing all the little goodies :)

The only thing I don't really like about the prime kit is the Navy Anchor. but since I'm planning on getting the slide anodized this is a moot point :D

As promised, sans the tulipwood grips (hopefully they'll be arriving any day now)

First impressions are very good (once I got all the oil off it) and everything works as it should, very impressed with Un's custom work, no scratches or nics of any kind.

Although, I do have one small question, the slide seems to be sitting about 2mm forward of the rear of the frame, is this normal for prime kits or has Un made a booboo?

Either way it isn't really important, the gun fires without a hitch and so far my only complaint is how bleeding hard it is to get to the sliderelease (I'm a lefty :P )

It is also much much smaller than I'd expected (I dont know why but after using 1911s I expected it to be gigantic in my hand), it fits my hand snugly and is very comfortable to operate.

On my to-do-list is definitely replacing the trigger and hammer, they're not very good quality metal. Also thinking I might not two-tone the slide, just get silver trigger/hammer/barrel/grip screws along with the new grips..

Anyway, Ill stop babbling..

CIMG1378.jpg

CIMG1356.jpg

CIMG1373.jpg

CIMG1367.jpg

:D

ta.

If you are going to two tone it, wait for the marui chrome release to get the trigger etc off that, It will likely work out cheaper, I polished my black bits to a silver finish, took ages, but it looks good, but far from perfect :)

If you are going to two tone it, wait for the marui chrome release to get the trigger etc off that, It will likely work out cheaper, I polished my black bits to a silver finish, took ages, but it looks good, but far from perfect :)

How did you find the quality of the metal when you polished the controls? Was the metal pitted at all?

A little bit pitted, not enough to make me want to replace it, but that's me :), it cleaned up nicely, but i didn't go for uber bright, i left it a bit dirty looking for effect,

226er.jpg

EDIT : DEN had a Creation non railed frame in stock, ordered/paid for, now to play the waiting game for grips to appear on ebay :)

Edited by Aitch