SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I originally planned to build a V12, but decided it cost too much (especially for something too many people already have, I think there are at least three already in the 1911 thread :P). The look of Sig Pros was always appealing as was the price for making it metal. But I hesitated spending so much on something that most reviews indicate is lacking in a few key areas, especially in comparison to the favorable TM P226. So I built a custom P226 which ended up costing more than the V12...

Externals:

- TM P226 Chrome

- Prime non-railed silver metal kit (rare find btw, mwahahaha)

- custom trigger screw and breech pin detail added

- custom grips

Internals aren't done yet. The plan is upped springs, upped loading nozzle, upped piston head, and maybe a tightbore. Just the basics in order to keep cooldown in check and still be able to rapid fire off more than a mag. Are any other upgrades recommended?

Fitting was much better this time around since I knew what to expect from a previous Prime P226 kit installation. Prior to installing, I did a slide to frame test fit and it got stuck. But I put some lube on it, was able to rack it back and forth a few times, and it smoothed itself out without any need to file which is always nice. I filed the mag catch holes and hex screw hole a hair (tip: in order to avoid the hex screw head stripping, file the hole to allow the screw to go just deep enough, grease the outside of the hex screw head and thread since TM uses a bit of loctite and screwing it in can be a bit sticky if you don't have the proper size hex wrench, I get a bit of slack using 2mm while 2.5mm won't fit). The tops of the trigger mech and hammer mech rails were filed and sanded down about a mm. But the most time consuming task of just fitting the kit was that damn extractor. Lots of filing with files too large for the task is not fun.

Then I looked at it, thought the lack of trigger screw and breech pin detail was just depressing, and I decided to do something about it. I got my drill and dremel and custom fitted a faux trigger screw and pin. I also wanted to do that for the breech pin but the slide thickness is a bit too thin for my taste meaning I would probably have to dremel the blowback mech which is something I'd like to avoid. So I went the lazy route and painted it. It looks the business but maybe I'll dremel it later anyway.

As for the lighting, the pics were taken indoors with sunlight through a window. The surroundings were darkened for effect via post processing. The extinguisher is pretty lame as far props go, but I didn't have a zippo and a bottle of Jack on hand so what are you going to do. Good excuse for another photo shoot though...

Some other lighting for comparison:

Outdoors:

p1020255gy0.jpg

Outdoors w/ overcast:

p1020314enr1.jpg

P226Silenced.jpg

My p226 , with a pgc kit, i didnt take the pic and i dont have that silencer. but you get the picture. ;) its nice to look at but i like m 1911's more. thinking about selling it, but it is sooo pretty

Edited by oddxbird

They don't. In order to fit them, some material needs to be removed from the mainspring housing, underside of the grips, and the grip screw bushing holes need to be enlarged. Modifying a RS mainspring housing makes things a bit easier.

Bump

Not my pic, but a SIG pic nonetheless.

Airsoft SG 556 :D

hooha_gws_556_1708.jpg

Hooha fair is well over, but there are still interesting titbits of information floating around. One of the most interesting is first sight of Gun Workshop's replica of Russian 9x18mm (aka 9mm Makarov) SMG, called Bizon. Virtually nothing outside this picture is known at this time (same goes for previously announced replica of SIG 556 with exception of the picture, taken from an awkward angle); click to supersize, updates to follow when available.

:D

anyone heard of GWS? i can't find much info on them