SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, but the $270 price tag is going to stop me from finding out... :P

Edit: Can't post a direct link, but DenTrinity has the Creation frames.

There are railed and non-railed versionsand both are black and cost $155. If the craftsmanship is the same as their slides, these are a must buy in my book...

Edited by skyler8158
Unless your a total 226 freak, save your money and ditch the full metal body.

TMs plastic is dominate in my book.

Maybe for AEGs, put on the P226 the plastic is very light and plyable. I was literally able to pull the slide in half to get the blowback chamber out...

Maybe for AEGs, put on the P226 the plastic is very light and plyable. I was literally able to pull the slide in half to get the blowback chamber out...

I rather have a slide that flexes than rather break when allowed some preasure. Unless your dying for the full metal action, I still opinionate against buying the full kits... unless of course, they come down in price.

Buying a metal slide on its own is to some extent a false economy because as far as I know they do not sell frames on their own yet. You will end up buying a full combo in the future leaving you with a spare slide when you could save yourself some money now(inc postage) and get a full set.

They do offer purely frames now, both non-railed and railed from creation. Go to den, items MBS2011 and MBS2010.

As for a plastic frame being a better choice, I just have to totally disagree with that. Unless we're talking about something like a KSC glock which is plastic with metal reinforced structure...maybe. But as pointed out the TM SIG's plasic is so low grade and flimsy that you can bend it by hand. I got my firing chamber out exactly like skyler did, by just pulling the slide open. From all my experience it's better to not have a rigid slide putting stress on a semi-flexible plastic body.

Full metal is still a better choice than doing it halfway. Better durability and it looks SO much better in all metal.

Damn creation and all their metal kits, getting easier to make a gun like my 2 tone, uniqueness fading...must retreat! lol.

• 2 weeks later...
jay851, I can't say I like the look of the 226 without the rail, but you have a great two-tone thang going there ;)

hi robot2000

i guess regarding the rail its just personal taste as i prefer the non railed frame :)

i also like the two tone setup and i have just received some hogue grips so they will be on soon.i would also like the creation steel slide and get it blued properly but its a bit pricey :blink:

jay

UN Custom SIG SAUER P226R with Guarder frame + slide, Guarder steel outer barrel, tuned up insides. Fires greengas at roughly... 300 FPS.

She's a beaut, isn't she?

There is really nothing to fault about the guarder frame/slide. It is a really solid piece.

normal_Picture%20108.jpg

normal_Picture%20104.jpg

normal_Picture%20099~0.jpg