SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know. Yeah I strongly vote for the PGC kit, you mentioned the rail framed kit as the one you're going to buy, but didn't you just say you wanted the non-rail frame one?

Yea, but I want the newer styled trades more than a non-rail frame...Hence choosing the railed with new trades over non railed with old trades..

What's wrong with the older trades, makes it more unique than the SEALS model.

I just like it all together with lots of engravings on one side and have the other side plain.. :D

I am still unsure... on the one hand I am the kinda person that likes the gun to be different from most people... So it makes sense to get the non rail PGC but then I like the laid outs of the new styled engravings more and the shape of the trigger guard...

At this point I am not too sure yet but I still need to finish off selling some stuff first before I have spare money for this.... (All other airsoft money being tied up to the EBR fund now... :P )

Just wondering, would you happens to know the history of the P226? when was the extractor added? and when did the engravings changed?

Edited by FUmiYAsu
Early 90's, the model that the Marui is a copy of is the SEALS model which was introduced only a year or two ago.

Personally I like the uniqueness of the PGC-nonrailed model, plus I hate the way the railed dustcover looks.

Actually I think I am now liking the PGC- non rail more now.... probably get it... But still after the sale... should have £100 more after this week...

Tis true, I don't skirmish with that gun cuz it's indeed too purdy, hence why I have a second 226 I use for skirmishes. Mmmmkay...

Ah yea I came across your website today. just curious, was it difficult to polish down the trigger, hammer, and controls? Or is there an aftermarket company that already sells them in silver? Im a 24 fanatic and am looking into making a two-tone as well (alreddy got the USPc :D )

Edited by Agent Orange

Thanks, dude. No one makes them in silver right now. Carom makes a silver trigger and hammer. But the slide lock, slide release, grip screws, decocker, and magazine release need to be hand polished.

How hard is it? Not hard, it just takes a lot of sanding and polishing on a polishing wheel. The main problem areas are the grooves or anywhere a wheel can't easily reach. The only thing that sucks is that when you remove the finish it opens the aluminum up for rust, so you have to occasionally bring the gun out and polishes pieces back to a nice shine.

If there's any way to seal these polished pieces please let me know as I'm all ears.

I may get USPc eventually, but for me at least the defacto Bauer gun is the two tone Sig.

Titleist,

Could you not spray the parts in a clear lacquer/varnish to prevent corrosion. I should imagine you could even get the polished parts annodised or some other finish applied that meets your shiny needs.

Edited by Tommygunn
Titleist,

Could you not spray the parts in a clear lacquer/varnish to prevent corrosion. I should imagine you could even get the polished parts annodised or some other finish applied that meets your shiny needs.

I'm not sure who does anodizing around here. I guess the best place to start maybe would be someplace like a hardware store, a local one, not a chain store. Maybe there's a place that could do that for me.

If that's the case I'd love to get a few other parts anodized as well. I'll check into this and see what I come up with.