SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sigrs013Medium.jpg

Used to belong to jimel, and has come all the way from merry Finland :)

TM P226 with pretty much every internal upgrade going, a PCG metal set, and 3 mags. Just need 2 more hi-flow valves and I'll be all set :)

Real-steel grips, too :)

My PGC kit am flawed :(

Dammit, so close to finishing my custom full-pimp wassup indahouse P226 and I've been stopped by a lack of threads in the lower. Damn.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:â„¢

Nice pics guys.

My babies:

post-11492-1150889751_thumb.jpg

post-11492-1150889772_thumb.jpg

sorry for the poor resilution, camera phone. And yes I know they are cocked, I did that for the pic; don't worry, they arn't loaded ;) .

Edit: Just to say these are both the TM...

Edited by Dizzy
There is noway I can screw in a screw if there are no threads. The frame has no screw threads! The holes are there, but without threads.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:â„¢

holy carp! is this true on all the PGC kits? or is this an isolated case? I was considering getting this kit because the prime is way too expensive...can almost buy the real deal for that kinda of money and I already have the Guarder which I'm wasn't very impressed with the finishing. Maybe is it meant to be "force" threaded with the factory screws?

Mike,

You'll probably find that your meant to just self tap the holes as you screw in the bolts/screws. Because it is soft aluminium the hole will take on the cut of the thread.

Remember that if you have a 3mm bolt/screw it will cut a 3mm threaded hole into a 2mm plain hole. Also when you screw it in keep constant firm pressure on the screwdriver, to prevent partial stripping of the hole as you start, and ensure the bolt/screw is vertical at all times.

I took the plunge and got the PGC p226 metal kit along with Guarder Enchanced Recoil & Hammer Springs, and finally a KM 6.04 tightbore. Almost didn't want to upgrade my p226 since it was functioning flawlessly in it's stock form on propane.

For the most part installation went pretty smooth. There was one area where the screws did not fit, fortunately that peice was mostly cosmetic and can be held in place when the grips are on so no big deal there. Man the PGC kit is light, only slighty heavier than the plastic frame. This thing is a feature compared to my friend's action kit. I'm also dissapointed that I had to use the rear sites that came with the kit instead of the stock TM rear sites.

However after I put everything together and tested the guns problems started occuring, mainly the hammer grinding against the bottom of the blowback chamber. The slide would get stuck and trying to push it forward results in the trigger being pulled back? Not really sure what the deal was here. Checking the blowback chamber and the slide I realized that it might not have been tighten all the way, and after resecuring the blowback chamber to the slide it seemed to have fixed all the problems.

Also currently, I only have the Guarder enchanced recoil spring installed since the upgraded hammer spring seems to cause some slide jam problems.

Props to my friend who helped me install the kit, couldnt have done it without him. I can't mess around with it till later this weekend, so I'll let you guys know how the tightbore fares. I'll get some pictures soon also.

Edited by DesertFox
Also currently, I only have the Guarder enchanced recoil spring installed since the upgraded hammer spring seems to cause some slide jam problems.

I keep sayin' the Guarder springs are too strong, but nobody listens ;)

(Stock springs work with stock frame) + (PGC weighs about the same as stock frame) = Don't have to upgrade spring much

150% just puts too much stress on the internals, especially the hammer spring. If want a tighter trigger, try a 130%.

I assume that this is the non-railed PGC kit, since it comes with the older style rear sight. Pics? (It is, after all, the P226 pics thread)