SIG Picture Thread

It's just too damn strong, and I'm getting pitiful gas efficiency out of the gun. You can see half the gas venting as it cools down, and I'm getting maybe 15 shots out of a fill at perhaps 25 Celcius.

Seriously 15? I use the Guarder 150% springs too and get like 2 mags out one fill of gas... Do you have hi-flow valves too? cos I don't.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you go for the 150% springs? I had to switch back also. Also I just got back from the US and while i was over there got some goodies! Incuding some Hogue grips for my P226! for $15.00 USD  :D they cost around double that in Japan!  :huh:

I got the gun second-hand, but it was all very well fitted. Therefore, I didn't choose, but that's what's in there :)

Seriously 15? I use the Guarder 150% springs too and get like 2 mags out one fill of gas... Do you have hi-flow valves too? cos I don't.

Yeah, running hi-flows too, albeit set to the most efficient setting. I found the tolerances on the standard valves were off, and the valves were getting stuck open as the o-rings managed to get mangled.

Can anyone provide a realistic writeup on how to make these fit, the hogue grips I mean?

oh and as for the 150 percent spring, what I started doing was to leave the slide back to compress the recoil spring for about 2 weeks, it loosened that up and the gun works great as is. I'm running the hammer and recoil spring in both, guarder 150 percent.

EDIT: one issue I just finally got under control was that the feed lips on the magazines friggin suck, TM made them too tight, so on a high recoil spring when the loading nozzle hits the magazine it's so fast that the nozzle litterally pushes the bb down but can NOT push it forward into the loading ramp. So my solution and my recommendation for mis-feeds or no-feed situations on high power springs/top gas is to take an exacto knife and trim some material from around the loading lips, i.e so that the bb is still held in place, but can dislodge from the magazine much easier during loading.

I only run 15 rounds in each mag, same as the real gun, works fine. So can the hogue grips be made to work? And what do you recommend, normal or wrap around?

Edited by Titleist
I wish there were SG550, 550 sniper, and 551 conversion kits.  that would be sweet.  Mout I like that sig but the suppressor is a little weird, but anyway good work i'm sure it's a ton of fun to shoot.

yeah I wish there was! anyway that is not meant to be a supressor i actually made it to amplify the sound. thanks for the comment!

I've installed hogue wrap around grips for my p226 and I can tell you it was a real pain in the *albatross*. It requires a lot of dremeling and tears but the results are worth it. The only problem atleast with the wrap arounds is that there's no place for a lanyard and I'd prefer one. Maybe I'll figure out something. What comes to writing a guide about how to fit the grips well...

Tools: Dremel, drill, wacuum-cleaner (there's gonna be lots of excess plastic and rubber when you've finished).

Time: Approximately 2-4 hours if you do it constantly.

Mainly: The outside of the grips is rubber but the inside is plastic. Generally you can dremel as far as the plastic starts to turn into rubber BUT be carefull not to go too far as if you notice that there's a hole in your new grips I can't be sure of the consequenses. The extra material is mainly in the area of the weight which holds the hammer spring in place so that's a good place to start. After you've tested the fit of the grips about 20 times then it's time to to start to think the alignment of the screw holes. They're too small so you have to take your handy drill and make them bigger BUT here's another place where you can screw up :). If you drill too big holes there is a possibility that the screws go through the holes and dont tighten the grips enough (almost happened to me). When I say drilling I actually mean that you engrave the holes from the inside but not necessarily go all the way through.

Finally: This "guide" is mainly for the hogue wrap around grips but can probably be used for the normal hogues also. I can't guarantee anything and the whole process is left under your own judgement. This text was written because I had nothing else to do and it sure looks like it. For those asking "hey dude can you explain a little more precise" I can add a few pictures but otherwise the rest is up to yourselves.