SIG Picture Thread

Thought I'd throw up an update on my CarpandeanCustom P228 (TM P226 based):

P228Side2Sm.jpg

I had to strip the Guarder frame to make some modifications (though, I kinda like the way it looks, too). Mostly, what's left is cleaning up the action so it's a little more smooth and getting a new, shorter screw for the mag so that it seals tighter. Given the size and the Hogues, it feels amazing in my hand.

Edited by carpandean
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, try not to qoute pics, makes the thread clutter up real fast. That said, as far as internal mods:

-Guarder recoil spring

-Proud Hammer spring

-Guarder Enhanced firing chamber

-PDI upgraded piston

-KM TN Barrel

-Guarder Steel barrel

-Guarder steel guide rod

I think that covers it.

not sure if I posted these in here:

-Got my P113C a few weeks ago:

SIG_P113C_5.jpg

SIG_P113C_3.jpg

ah...titleist's lovely sig....it looks so gd... :P

I was going to get a sig.... but now i am off to uni...so probably no more airsoft for the nxt few yrs... :(

@Titleist - What metal kit is that? Looks like the trades aren't totally correct but the quality seems very nice.

It's the PGC metal kit, and for your information the trades are 100 percent correct, they match up to the older style P226s (comparing it to my CPO P226) correctly. If you compare it to the newer style markings yes they appear incorrect. However newer sigs have a sharper end line on the top/back of the slide, whereas all older P226s had a rounded version. Also note the dip in the top of the slide between the front sight and the ejection port, this is something specific to the older style guns.

It's the PGC metal kit, and for your information the trades are 100 percent correct, they match up to the older style P226s (comparing it to my CPO P226) correctly. If you compare it to the newer style markings yes they appear incorrect. However newer sigs have a sharper end line on the top/back of the slide, whereas all older P226s had a rounded version. Also note the dip in the top of the slide between the front sight and the ejection port, this is something specific to the older style guns.

Ah I was comparing to the pics on Sig Arms website which most likely is of the newer ones. I have the Guarder kit and that is 100% like in those pics and it's very nice but I've heard the PGC kit is nicer. Might get another P226 but with the PGC kit, I just love this pistol. :)