SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive decided to get a P226 with hi air flow, and metal kit. can anyone tell me what kit is realy good? i dont want the prime one...TOO expensive for me. I think im going to buy the guarder dx version(thread) p226 from UNco. the UNco custom pistol, can anyone tell me how the guarder kits are? what other metal kits are there?

PGC > creation > guarder

I held a P226 with a guarder kit at Airsoft extreme and I thought they were nice. Hefty, good trademarks, good price, weird coloring though IMO.

I'd go with either a PGC or creation kit, both are great from what i've read on this thread just look around.

My TM based P226.

DSC00465.jpg

Yeah i know the quality of teh pic sucks ill post another one later

I have the Guarder kit on mine and its really nice. I also have the firefly valve and head set, nine ball hiflow, and guader recoil spring and hammer spring (removed). However i wouldnt recomend the hammer spring as it causes the hammer to be extra tense and broke my hammer in half.

Edited by squeeky
That's the PGC kit, only the PGC has a non-rail AND the rounded over back of the slide.

Easiest way to spot and older style replica.

There's also no external extractor on the PGC kit only.

Interesting real steel fact: when Sig switched from a rolled carbon steel slide to a milled stainless slide on the P226, they also changed to an external extractor. When they made the same switch on the P220, they kept the internal extractor and put a hole in side of the slide to aid in installation and removal.

On the subject of '"Is that a PGC kit?", I just spotted something on mine.

Flip it over to look at the markings on the frame, and it's marked:

-SIGAPMS INC. EXETER NH-

'SIGAPMS' is probably a sure sign that it's a PGC kit ;)

The Prime is 1:1 accurate, all it's dimensions are spot on, the PGC has the best overal bang for your buck but has some few dimensions off, i.e the trigger guard is maybe 4-5mm too long on the frame.

And yes Rix, you answered your own question there.

I have the Prime, PGC, and real Sig to compare to here, and the PGC is probably the best in my opinion based on my real SIG. However I find the quality of metal finish on the Prime to be hands down awesome.

"the PGC has the best overal bang for your buck" - if the price doesn't matter, is the Prime better?

Are both CNC'd?

I'm about to order a new one since I've sold my Guarder kit.

Also there is no danger, or at least minimal danger, of accidentally pressing the mag button when your rolling around etc, unlike a flexible fabric holster.

The retention hood is far more secure and I find it a lot faster on the draw, especially in comparison to a fabric holster with a press stud strap and doubly so if you were to have the safety strap engaged.

Drawing the pistol just flows much better with a Safariland.

Edited by Tommygunn