SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, i have a question for all you P226 owners; i just got mine this morning from GnG, and ive stripped it but when i put the slide back on, the recoil rod is poking out a few mm's. is it just a case of wiggling the slide as you put it back on to get the rod to seat properly or am i doing something wrong?

cheers for any help

Sometimes, if the guide rod gets twisted just a little bit, the "box" on the inside end will catch the front of the trigger assembly housing. When this happens, the guide rod gets pushed forward a little bit. Take it off, make sure that the peg is in the hole, the unit is straight and try it again. Also, if it is an after-market guide rod, make sure that it is screwed all the way into the box. If that doesn't work, snap some photos with the slide on and off (showing inside) of the frame.

Just to add to the fun:

P228PhaseIITS.jpg

Yes, it is a Marui and no, there are no Tanaka parts. It's not done, but I thought it was far enough along to give you a taste of what's to come.

Edited by carpandean
Carpandean- Is that a custom P228?  That looks really nice! what inner barrel are you gonna use?

Sure is. I custom cut a stock inner barrel, but I will probably look at using a G26 tight-bore inner barrel on the final version. The slide is a highly modified (internally) real steel slide. Almost every internal component is modified to some degree and I had to fab a few new parts. Currently, the frame is a modified plastic one, but I will probably end up modding a non-rail PGC frame for the final version. I also need to buy a real mag to get the right foot plate.

Here's a second teaser:

P228PhaseIIopenSm.jpg

Edited by carpandean
Sure is.  I custom cut a stock inner barrel, but I will probably look at using a G26 tight-bore inner barrel on the final version.  The slide is a highly modified (internally) real steel slide.  Almost every internal component is modified to some degree and I had to fab a few new parts.  Currently, the frame is a modified plastic one, but I will probably end up modding a non-rail PGC frame for the final version.  I also need to buy a real mag to get the right foot plate.

Here's a second teaser:

P228PhaseIIopenSm.jpg

Wow that's really sweet man. That'll be a very interesting piece of work when you get it all finalized. I'm amazed you put a real steel slide on. Good luck with this project and please keep us informed on the latest.

I'm amazed you put a real steel slide on.

It was about the same price, though a lot more work, than the Creation P226 slide. I had to take a lot of material out of the top, inside to fit the cylinder housing and to get the barrel to function properly. I'm swamped with work, so it will be a couple of weeks before I can do any more work on it. Hopefully, I'll have the right PGC kit and the mag before then, so I can finish it up.