SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was about the same price, though a lot more work, than the Creation P226 slide.  I had to take a lot of material out of the top, inside to fit the cylinder housing and to get the barrel to function properly.  I'm swamped with work, so it will be a couple of weeks before I can do any more work on it.  Hopefully, I'll have the right PGC kit and the mag before then, so I can finish it up.

well damn, good luck with it. If you have the time try making a tutorial on fitting real slides on, I would be even more impressed. Even though what you've done already is madness! Cool though.

Out of interest, what exactly does a strike mount do? Be it is RS or AS.

Andddd, how much does the strike kit add to the front? In MM, I want to know if it will still fit in my case if i buy one...

Thanks

Dom

Allows you to make positive contact with someone and not block the barrel. I.e with strike heads you can use the muzzle of the weapon as a weapon. With guns based on the modern semi-action system (i.e 1911s, glocks, sigs), which uh...is almost any modern semi-automatic, if you push the barrel back slightly the gun is incapable of firing. Often times people will push guns away from police and military officers rendering them incapable of firing.

The Strike head gets rid of that issue, and it's mean looking, in the case of the Sig 226 I think it's stupid looking, but that's just me.

anyone know where to find a replacement front sight? i'm ordering an action metal slide/barrel kit for my kjw p226, and it doesn't come with sights. unfortunately for me the front sight is fixed/unremoveable on the kjw slide. i tried to look for rs sights, but they are all so expensive.

the whole reason i'm doing this is because i'm in the process of stripping the black paint/anodization off my slide (the tip was splotchy, for obvious reasons,) and i'd like to have a black slide to switch back and forth if i feel like it.

thanks!

Allows you to make positive contact with someone and not block the barrel. I.e with strike heads you can use the muzzle of the weapon as a weapon. With guns based on the modern semi-action system (i.e 1911s, glocks, sigs), which uh...is almost any modern semi-automatic, if you push the barrel back slightly the gun is incapable of firing. Often times people will push guns away from police and military officers rendering them incapable of firing.

If you consider yourself to be tactically proficient enough to carry and someone is able to get a hold of your gun like that the last thing you can blame is the gun. If someone grabs your gun by the muzzle it doesnt make much of a difference whether they have pushed the slide out of battery, you have lost control of the situation. If someone is pushing your slide out of battery with their palm, move the gun and pull the trigger, in that order.

Well it serves two purpose, a lot of the PMC guys use strike muzzles because they can push away people in crowds easier. What's gonna make you rethink your place in the crowd faster, a standard muzzle or one with friggin meat tenderizers on it?

But I hear you, in a combat situation if you're that close you've lost control of the situation.

I remember hearing that GG&G AZ made them for P226s and 1911s but it's likely that they were discontinued for all the reasons mentioned. It could have been a myth too cause I've never seen one personally.

I know GG&G makes them for shotgun barrels, but they serve a different purpose in that case.