SIG Picture Thread

how come the PGC kit is 2 tone? it looks really sweet but compared to that real one it looks weird...I dunno. You should get an extra set of real P226 grips too. Otherwise that's really cool that you have 2 airsoft sig 226's.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That PGC kit looks excellent! How much do they cost?

Edit: trfo2o - The PGC kit isn't 2 tone... Am I right in thinking the PGC kit is on the bottom, the Action kit in the middle and the RS on top?

Edited by Guest

you know your probably right because initially I was wondering hey he never mentioned having real 226 grips on that PGC. But I read and looked at them in the wrong order as well. haha. If he got real 226 grips for the PGC kit, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between real and not real I bet.

I think you'll find that the gun that is two-tone(top right) is in fact the real steel - the mag is the giveaway. The two-tone effect is probably due to the slide being steel and the frame being aluminium and how the finish takes to the metal.

I have to say the PGC looks the best of the lot.

A lot of the real-steel classic (not Pro) Sigs have a two-tone effect, especially the older stamped carbon steel slides (which the PGC kit copies). With OEM grips, the PGC kit would look even more real than it does now, but there would still be a few details that give it away (well, if you look closely enough). The first is the trigger screw, which is actually poorly done on the PGC kit (at least the railed version I have). I also don't think the finish on the barrel looks very good. There are a few others, but most are very minor.

I do wish that TM had copied the full capacity 9mm mag, not the 9mm 10-round AWB mag (actually, the plate looks more like the .40 S&W 10-round mag)

Well theres a bit more play than on the real deal, but I can't really argue I had more troubles installing my pgc kit than he did with his action kit. Although he had to put a spacer in his recoil guide because the slide was going back too far.

Not whining, and it wwasn't really slide/frame fitment issues. Just that nub attached to the trigger, that moves up and down and side to side freely kept getting jammed into my slide for some reason. I bent it straight and now it works flawlessly, but it took awhile to figure out what was wrong with it. That said, it was you made me choose the pgc kit over the creation, and i'm loving every bit of it.

Weren't saying that you were whining, just people in general. No one guarantees that these kits worth perfectly so yeah, some work involved. Frankly I enjoyed the process since I now know my 226s backwards and forwards.

HELP!!! I'm at my wits end. I have a KJW P226 which as you know is a TM knock off. Heres my dilemma... I bought some SIG factory grips in hopes of swapping out the KJ ones for the real deal. Ive shaved a little here and a little there on the SIG grips to mirror the KJ ones and there still not fitting. It seems there are still some "high spots" on the SIG grips not allowing them to seat onto the frame properly. If someone has any insight as to the exact places to trim/file I will gladly be your errand monkey for all eternity. And if you have a pic with the areas hi- lighted, well.. That sure would be swell. Thanks in advance for all your help folks.

Good news!! Figured it out... I just needed to ream out the screw holes a bit. Thanks for the heads up Cop. Also the decocker does work with the RS grip. Nice free movement without a hint of binding. Only problem is the wonderful folks at SIG sent me only the left panel. Right ones in the mail. But the left one with the decocker and the slide release is the toughest to fit anyways.

Once again Cop, thanks for your help...

Edited by desertmedic

Ohh I didn't realise there was a P226 thread :) My fave pistol of all time!

Posted these pics in the "pic of your weapon"-thread.

Got it a couple of days ago! LOVE IT!

Tokyo Marui P226 w/ upgrades:

- Guarder Enhanced Piston Lid for MARUI P226 Rail

- Guarder Enhanced Loading Muzzle for MARUI P226 Rail

- Guarder Steel Recoil Spring Guide for MARUI P226 ( Black )

- Guarder Enhanced Recoil/Hammer Spring for MARUI P226 ( 150% )

- Guarder Metal Slide & Frame for MARUI P226 Rail ( Black )

- NINE BALL 6.03mm Inner Barrel for Marui SIG P226

- VFC / GB-Tech Steel Barrel with Adapter for Marui P226

Accessories:

- King Arms H&K Pro Silencer ( 80mm )

P1030271.jpg

P1030276.jpg

P1030278.jpg

P1030288.jpg

P1030284.jpg

P1030282.jpg

P1030281.jpg

P1030279.jpg

Forgive me for posting this here but it's pretty urgent.

Does no-one, absolutely NO-ONE, have a spare stock hammer spring free? That's all I need - a stock one. My Guarder one is WAY too strong, and I need to try a stock one instead.

I'll be willing to pay a couple of quid if you want...

EDIT: Please PM if you've got one going to save clogging this thread up :)

Edited by HaVoC

It's just too damn strong, and I'm getting pitiful gas efficiency out of the gun. You can see half the gas venting as it cools down, and I'm getting maybe 15 shots out of a fill at perhaps 25 Celcius.

It's just too damn strong, and I'm getting pitiful gas efficiency out of the gun. You can see half the gas venting as it cools down, and I'm getting maybe 15 shots out of a fill at perhaps 25 Celcius.

did you go for the 150% springs? I had to switch back also. Also I just got back from the US and while i was over there got some goodies! Incuding some Hogue grips for my P226! for $15.00 USD :D they cost around double that in Japan! :huh: