SIG Picture Thread

Just posted this up in the gun pics thread and then saw this one to so figured I'd put it in here aswell. Its a Counter-Strike inspired SIG SG550 Sniper Variant. It is to my knowledge the most close likeness to the real thing in Europe with the possible exception of one made by GunWorkz before they closed. However I've never seen a pic of their Sig so its just a rumour.

Custom made from a SIG SG550 assualt rifle shell. In a weeks time its coming with me to Reading in the Uk to be photographed in a studio, I'll be sure to get some much better pics up showing the fine detail. But heres a pic for the mean time:

sigsniper.jpg

Stock is totally custom from the original, metal and fibreglass, it also has some wood in it. Its very sturdy. The stock also folds which is ***ing handy for a 125cm sniper rifle.

It has a 650mm extended PSG-1 tightbore barrel with a welded on custom metal outer barrel.

Foregrip, pistolgrip, custom made scope mount and stock are sprayed oxidised black using Krylon Fusion Black and then topped with a clear laquer. It should be very scratch proof.

Scope is a 3-9x40E Walther scope which has 11 illumination levels. Lights up red.

It fires on single shot only and has the burst circuit removed. It can run on either a 9.6v or a 10.8v to make sure the piston fully cycles each time it fires. I have a custom made 1100MaH 10.8V AK style stick battery for it so no need for a PEQ or battery bag. The whole thing weights approximately 7kg. It also has a custom attached bipod, shorter and more sturdy like on the real SG550 sniper. It was attached by canabalising the original bipod base.

Overall I totally love it! :) I got it originally as I wanted something totally unique when I go to sites and this is about as unique as I think one can get a gun without some serious tools and technical skill (of which I have very little).

It can be tempremental on occasion but by and large performs well (when it performs. I will probably be adding a metal body to it if money permits me to do so. The biggest problem my SIG sniper has is the trigger block sometimes slips out of alignment. I suspect I just need to repalce the trigger springs but I'm yet to get around to it.

People say their guns with accessories fited are custom, god knows what it makes this.. 'uber leet custom'! Seriously though, nice job mate!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone provide a realistic writeup on how to make these fit, the hogue grips I mean?

In addition to Ilupis' very good writeup here are some pics and the finished product. You will notice how you have to test fit the grips around the counter weight at the back. Some I have talked to have a small gap when finished, you can paint the counter weight black and you can almost not tell. Also be carful because the hogue grips pull very tight so you may need to glue the brass grip screwhole thingy's in place because they will pull out over time. I now have an action metal frame on my P226 and this is not a problem.

sigp226_hogue01.jpg

sigp226_hogue02.jpg

Notice Brass Srcewhole thingy's, and test fitting for counter weight

sigp226_hogue03.jpg

All done dremaling, here is the inside of the grips

sigp226_01.jpg

Finished product with Hogue Grips, Action Metal Slide, and Guarder 150%

Thanks

Nice little walkthrough mikey. I think I will go buy the houges tonight and try to fit them on tomorrow. But I have a question, on your second pic, is that spring the hammer spring? And if so, how hard is it to open up the grips and replace it? Im only asking this because I just got a Guarder hammer spring.

The grips just come right off, just take out the 4 screws in the grip, two on either side. I guess if you wanted to really seal the small seam down the back you could glue it, but I don't see a point in that. But yes the grips come right off, those guarder springs take a little hulk power to get em in though.. But they seem to work great. Like I said I have the action slide and I run off of propane..

Oh man took my TM p226 out on a skirmish using green gas on a hot day. My loading Nozzle snapped in half and theres a huge crack in my valve stopper. I'm now ordering guarder enhanced parts and going back to the stock hammer and recoil spring.

Oh man took my TM p226 out on a skirmish using green gas on a hot day. My  loading Nozzle snapped in half and theres a huge crack in my valve stopper. I'm now ordering guarder enhanced parts and going back to the stock hammer and recoil spring.

Out of interest, how hot was hot?

Oh man took my TM p226 out on a skirmish using green gas on a hot day. My  loading Nozzle snapped in half and theres a huge crack in my valve stopper. I'm now ordering guarder enhanced parts and going back to the stock hammer and recoil spring.

The exact same parts broke on my gun a couple months ago. I have since put the guarder enhanced parts in it (nozzle and springs). That valve stopper part p226-17 was very hard to find. I finally found it at http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/trade/productview/3482 and I ended up ordering a couple since they are so hard to find in stock. WGC has been out of them for 3 months.

I also ended up ordering this rocket valve to see if it would help http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/trade/productview/3669

That is an amazing looking P226 - I love it!  :wub:

Thank you very much

Mike

To hell and back reliability, gotta love this pistol :D

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1999274384500954938

I think my TM P226 would end up in a 1000 pieces if I did that to it though :P

Cool :D

Though to be honest, I don't think it's impacts I'd be too worried about in a weapon, just reliability in the face of extreme conditions, such as the stuff in the Glock test. I could imagine the P226 goes through sand, seawater and mud a lot more often than it gets hit with a bat :P

Having said that, it's still a testament to the strength of the weapon.

Here's mine

sig4.jpgsig2.jpg

sig3.jpg

And with the USP, though a railed, black p226 doesn't really count as 24 fanboy credit :P

sig1.jpg

Edit: Formatting got screwed, thanks photobucket. Fixed, sort of.

Edited by Lithium Jack

What's the general consensus on the Guarder metal kit? I'm thinking of getting one for my 226, and I'd like to know if it'll screw up the performance. It works fine as it is but I just prefer the feel of metal.

EDIT: see that guy's advertising post was removed.

Edited by umbra
Just to stay on topic, what's the general consensus on the Guarder metal kit? I'm thinking of getting one for my 226, and I'd like to know if it'll screw up the performance. It works fine as it is but I just prefer the feel of metal.

The Guarder metal kit is great and has beautiful trademarks. The only thing is that the metal slide is a little heavy so you also need the Guarder 150% recoil spring but that recoil spring is so strong the slide won't lock back when the mag is empty if you point the pistol down. I tried to cut my spring but it ended up too weak before it would lock back properly so now I've ordered a new spring and hi-flow valves. That should solve it and I'm gonna use the TM hammer spring so the gas efficiency won't go insane.

So if you're gonna get the Guarder metal kit, also get at least these:

- Guarder 150% springs

- Hi-flow valves

I've also put all the other Guarder reinforced parts in mine just to be on the safe side in case I play on a hot day. Oh and I can really recommend the VFC steel P226 barrel, it's beatiful and very nice quality!

Cheers bud,

I'll probably try it without the hi-flow valves at first, I don't really want to upgrade every spare mag I get. I've already got a stiffer recoil spring, it was the original cocking handle spring from my G36 strangely enough but it works a treat. The action is snappy as hell, the slide wouldn't lock back at first but it will now that it's been broken in a bit.

Yeah the hi-flow valves aren't that necessary, it still works great without them. It only not locks back when you point the pistol down anyway. Enough to annoy me :P

I was not so happy about upgrading all my mags at first too but then I realised how easy it is to change the valves. Thought you'd have to open the whole mags up lol.

The Guarder kit is ok as a budget, cast, pot metal add-on but quite frankly it is chalk and cheese to the CNC'd PGC, Creation and Prime anodised, aluminium versions. All have their niggles but if you've got the money go for one of the latter.

Also you would be a sucker to buy a hi-flow valves for the P226 since the aperture on the stock valve is the same as the final vent hole on the magazine(part that contacts the piston). Therefore, if you were to fit a hi-flow valve the effect would be negated by the final mag vent hole.

Now when I have the tool for the valves I realised that my problem was that my original valve had turned itself around so that it wasn't putting out as much gas or something cos I just turned it back and it's working perfectly so... no need for the hi-flow valves. Slide always locks back now. Even though I've already got them I'm quite happy with that cos the gas efficiency will stay like it is :)

So if anyone wants to buy a couple of hi-flow valves. PM me. ;)

Tommygunn - The Guarder metal kit obviously isn't the best as it isn't the most expensive one but tbh I can't imagine that it could be any better. Love it. :wub:

Also got 2 new mags and a King Arms M3 replica:

P1030339.jpg