SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Prime is 1:1 accurate, all it's dimensions are spot on, the PGC has the best overal bang for your buck but has some few dimensions off, i.e the trigger guard is maybe 4-5mm too long on the frame.

And yes Rix, you answered your own question there.

I have the Prime, PGC, and real Sig to compare to here, and the PGC is probably the best in my opinion based on my real SIG. However I find the quality of metal finish on the Prime to be hands down awesome.

I plan on selling my Guarder kit to get a PGC one. Titleist could you comment on the markings? Are they as good as on the real one? Too me they look a little bad (especially "Sig Sauer" on the left hand side of the slide) on most pics in this thread but maybe it's just the pics?

EDIT- another thing, the trigger guard, has there been any real versions with the same proportions or did they screw that one up?

Edited by Sunday8PM

The markings are all exactly where my real one's are. They're not as deeply engraved though, if they look a little bad it's probably because that's near the muzzle of the gun, and by being inserted into the holster lots of time the edges have worn so the definition of the trademark type has started to wear. Also compared to the real ones they're not as good because anodized aluminum < parkerized steel.

Again lets make this clear. The PGC's trigger guard is only a little off, you guys are seriously starting to boggle my mind, I've said this almost a dozen times, it's off by maybe 4-5mm at MOST. I doubt you'd even notice it if I put the PGC side by side with my real 226. And secondly it will NOT affect holsters, lights or other bits and bobs. Phew.

I was looking around a bit and saw this P226:

http://mactec-militaryarms.com/sigsauer.html

(scroll down about half the page)

here it is:

sig_p226cpo.jpg

The trigger guard on that thing is for sure longer than on my Guarder kit and it looks very much like the same size as on the PGC kit so maybe they actually didn't screw it up or does the Guarder kit also have the wrong proportions? :blink:

Not sure, only handld the guarder for about 30 minutes, and I didn't compare the PGC/PRIME to the Guarder at the time.

Also, on a side note, MACTEC is awesome, that's who I got my CPO SIG 226 through. CPOs from SIGARMS kick so much *albatross*.

I may have found where im going to buy my handgun at lol.

The markings are all exactly where my real one's are. They're not as deeply engraved though, if they look a little bad it's probably because that's near the muzzle of the gun, and by being inserted into the holster lots of time the edges have worn so the definition of the trademark type has started to wear. Also compared to the real ones they're not as good because anodized aluminum < parkerized steel.

Again lets make this clear. The PGC's trigger guard is only a little off, you guys are seriously starting to boggle my mind, I've said this almost a dozen times, it's off by maybe 4-5mm at MOST. I doubt you'd even notice it if I put the PGC side by side with my real 226. And secondly it will NOT affect holsters, lights or other bits and bobs. Phew.

So how much off is the trigger guard compared to the real P226?

:P

So how much off is the trigger guard compared to the real P226?

:P

Sunday, that's the railed Sig 226, it's going to have the newer markings, the non-railed kit comes with the older markings and is based on the older SIG design.

trfo, lol you actually read my posts? I said on the PGC it's off maybe 3-4mm at most. And yes it still fits like a glove in my form fitted 6004, and yet still fits my surefire tac light, so it's NOT a big deal.

Sunday, that's the railed Sig 226, it's going to have the newer markings, the non-railed kit comes with the older markings and is based on the older SIG design.

trfo, lol you actually read my posts? I said on the PGC it's off maybe 3-4mm at most. And yes it still fits like a glove in my form fitted 6004, and yet still fits my surefire tac light, so it's NOT a big deal.

yes yes yes I read your post from b4 I was only messin around, THANKS TO HOOKED ON PHONIX! Well when I get the money i'm getting a PGC kit installed because your a$$ that make's people want to buy expensive things (only kidding).

Well many pages ago i posted a pic of my plastic TM P226, but it has now been pimped into a P226 'tactical' featuring:

Guarder full metal body kit

re-inforced recoil spring & hammer spring

Prime silencer and barrell

It is now the most accurate pistol i own and the longest ranging on green gas by far.

p226002lr8.jpg

p226004kp8.jpg

curlyboy