SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

my old Tanaka SIG P226s

The wood gripped SIG is a Tanaka SIG P226 Special Version as opposed to the standard models. . in addition to ZEKE slide, KM steel outer barrel, KM Steel recoil rod, KM Steel hammer, INOX trigger and other small parts from Tanaka P226 INOX.. .Nakaya recoil and hammer springs, Sheriff floating/rocket valve. . .

fac6scd.jpg

2188scd.jpg

6f68scd.jpg

126dscd.jpg

df45scd.jpg

OLD SCHOOL. . .US Navy SEAL Team 5 setup:

Tanaka SIG P226 HW:

ZEKE slide

ZEKE outer barrel

Nakaya recoil spring

Nakaya hammer spring

Sheriff floating valve

Sheriff decocker sear

Hogue wrap-arounds

Surefire 632R for SIG P226

note: not the same SIG w/metal slide from previous post. . .I've owned several metal slided Tanaka SIGs.

IMG_0731.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

Sigarms make a few varieties of wood grips for the P226 but I don't think they sell them separately. Its a case of waiting for a pair of take off ones to come up on eBay or similar, and then hoping the seller is happy to ship overseas.

As it happens I've got a similar set for the P226 on there way at the moment :) .

These special edition Blackwater ones are currently up for auction, but the seller has said he doesn't want to post outside the US :( .

Blackwater grips

Failing that Hogue make wood grips but I think there a little plain. Nill also do some which are lovely but hard to find.

Thanks  :)

Sigarms make a few varieties of wood grips for the P226 but I don't think they sell them separately. Its a case of waiting for a pair of take off ones to come up on eBay or similar, and then hoping the seller is happy to ship overseas. 

As it happens I've got a similar set for the P226 on there way at the moment  :)

These special edition Blackwater ones are currently up for auction, but the seller has said he doesn't want to post outside the US  :(

Blackwater grips 

Failing that Hogue make wood grips but I think there a little plain. Nill also do some which are lovely but hard to find.

Yeah, the Nil wood are the way to go. I am going to get a set of those for my P226 soon. I know here in the US you can purchase those Wood Grips from Sig directly, not the Blackwater though...

Sigarms do sell a different set of wood grips for the P226 & P229 on their website, however I don't think they will sell outside of the US.

To paint the slide I used a couple of layers of Tamiya 'Stainless Aluminium' paint. Then a couple of layers of 'clear' paint. Then a couple of layers of satin varnish (leaving the paint to cure for 24hours between each layer.

Only time will tell how hard wearng it is, but its holding up fine at the moment.

fal: I've only ever used 134a in the P229 I'm afraid so I can't help you out there :) .