SIG Picture Thread

If it's any interest, the P226 does about 290 on Propane and the mag's held gas for 4 or 5 days without problem.

No idea if it's a good idea to use strong gasses regularly, though.

Cheers.

Edited by snowman
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your comment snowman.

I belive P226R uses different valve system(much alike say KSC style) to P228/229. I heard P226R valve system finaly cured leaky mag issue Tanaka used to have, where P228/229 still uses old valve system(much alike WA style) which can be quite problematic for leakage issue.

Thanks.

Just out of curiosity, how did you find HW material on Tanaka? For instance, I found that KSC HW material felt bit more "metalic" than WA's. I wonder how tanaka would compare against KSC/WA's HW material.

Thanks.

Does anyone know of a guide on how to get a Prime P226 kit to fit properly. This thing has been the bane of my existance since I got it, and I still cant get anything to fit right.

The top of the trigger mech and rails needed filing down, the mag catch hole and takedown lever screw hole needed enlarging, the blowback chamber/ hammer contact area needed filing down, and, while I didn't do it, the inside grip/ mag catch area could use a little filing as the mag is a bit of a tight fit initially (it wears itself in). It took a few hours of work.

Well guys, some ###### stole my P226. Luckly I have not installed the prime kit yet.

Since I am out of airsoft spending money, and need a new pistol. the kit is for sale. I will sell it for $280 including shipping to anywhere in the world. PM me if you are interested.

Click here to see...

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...0entry1343828

Edited by quiksilver6184
Just out of curiosity, how did you find HW material on Tanaka? For instance, I found that KSC HW material felt bit more "metalic" than WA's. I wonder how tanaka would compare against KSC/WA's HW material.

Thanks.

I'd say this gun is the most metallic looking plastic gun I've ever seen. It even feels cold to the touch.

Cheers.