SIG Picture Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Nice 551, i love mine, imo, it's the nicest of the 550 series

ICS 551? i always thought it was the 552

I hope the TM ones don't drop in value when it comes out...

I love it already, personally I'dve rather had the 550, but I'm not complaining :)

Yeah 551 is guna be the first of the full series released by them from what I've heard.

Anyone got a bipod on their 551? I'm after one but never having owned one before don't know what would fit, if any do?

Also, reccommendations on optics?

Look into getting it from HK, it will work out cheaper, especially once the £10 Wolf Armouries postage is taken into acount.

I can't understand why UK retailers charge ~£10 to ship a pistol a few hundred miles, when Guns N Guys only charged me ~£20 to ship my P226 a few thousand miles from the other side of the world.

I know the ECLAN and ACOG look really nice on Sigs

If you want a bipod on your 551, i found that M4 handgaurd rails will fit in those two holes on the bottom of the 551, you know, the cheapy kind

http://www.shortyusa.com/cart/viewitem.htm...NL=&CA=5&kiosk=

however, the slant is backwards, so the bipod may face forward a bit

I'll try post pics of it on my gun later

I know the ECLAN and ACOG look really nice on Sigs

If you want a bipod on your 551, i found that M4 handgaurd rails will fit in those two holes on the bottom of the 551, you know, the cheapy kind

http://www.shortyusa.com/cart/viewitem.htm...NL=&CA=5&kiosk=

however, the slant is backwards, so the bipod may face forward a bit

I'll try post pics of it on my gun later

Yeah I was thinking of either an ACOG or this:

image.jpg

Although of course....theres no rail on the 551 so I'd need to get one too lol

A pic of the bipod would be great ta :)

Hey, I'm glad you got it together.

Does it cycle well?

BTW has anyone mentioned that in that picture your avatar looks like the tech support guy in the cupboard in the IT crowd.

It cycles really smoothly now, but I'm still having a few glitches with it.

And lol, no one has ever mentioned that, and I hadn't noticed myself, but he really does, doesn't he?

I think it has something to do with where the trigger mech is seated. If my poor memory serves me correctly, the tolerances of the holes are such that trigger mech is placed a little too forward, and this affects how forward the barrel assembly/ recoil guide sits, which in turn affects how forward the slide is. Prime tolerances FTW.