"Army of Two" Airsoft Skirmish Masks Review

I was trying to be fair. But Heroshark himself made the comparison between Cactus' masks and his own .

Had I been Heroshark, I wouldn't have made those comments but instead have one of his customers make them, as they had first hand experience with a product they bought.

frontiers made the original comparison. I mearly defended his comment .As said by several people now, both are incomparable due to being very different products

and which masks you are talking about? the original SYKES mask is way better than any of those Chinese copies and they certainly aint poor build quality, i saw your website and you are asking for like £100 or so for you masks which i think is highly overpriced compared to the price of Sykes masks/Army of two/immortals i think the price/quality ratio is pretty good for their price.

But if you did want a comparison from a customer of mine ,heres a quote for you.

Since we're on the subject, I skirmished my Heroshark half-mask yesterday for the first time and it was absolutely brilliant. By far the best made mask i've had, extremely comfortable, not sweat-inducing and very very breathable. I speak as an owner of both a Sykes and an original cactus hobbies rios. Heroshark is *the* daddy.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my meaning was originally, i wanted to defend the original quality against the copies because even im here in China dont get me wrong :D i hate copies :P original rules always but sometimes just cannot help things the way they go. Cactus hobbies are too far and because of that it gets expensive to get things, if you want original Sykes creations you should look from Europe those things or buy custom and pay bigger bucks for it to Heroshark example. For me also sometimes it happens that you talk too much in the heat of the moment and later you regret things what you spilled out but cannot fix it always.

• 3 weeks later...
142ro60.jpg

My mate has that vest and wears it with the mask. The collar doesn't show because he supplements it with a shemagh at the moment. The collar just isn't high enough to give any adequate protection due to the lack of any true rear head/neck protection from the mask.

We're both planning on making up some oversized EOD-style collars to replace the IBA/OTV collar option.

hey did you get the new oversized EOD-style collars i would like something like that as well

• 3 weeks later...

Some questions for usmc corps

1. I'm 13, would the smaller skall mask fit me comfortably?

2. I wear glasses, but they aren't big, whould I be able to wear these under the smaller skall mask?

3. Would it be heavy/cumbersome for me?

4. Does it get sticky/hot/uncomfortable?

1. I'm 13, would the smaller skall mask fit me comfortably?

Probably. It's hard to say. I wasn't a big 13. It may be a good fit for you.

2. I wear glasses, but they aren't big, whould I be able to wear these under the smaller skall mask?

You might experience fogging. I can't say for sure. One of my teammates wears glasses with his mask and seem to be okay. Your own experience may be different though.

3. Would it be heavy/cumbersome for me?

Hard to say. If you have any retailers near you that stock these you should definitely try it on first. It's not super light, but they're definitely not heavy either.

4. Does it get sticky/hot/uncomfortable?

It gets warm, but surprisingly it never gets horrible. All the guys on my team who wear theirs are all surprised by how not overly hot they get.

Hope that helps!

The Dizon Bros sent me one of their new masks to check out. They asked me what kind of paint job I wanted, and I told him my team generally wears DCU. To my pleasant surprise, this arrived at my doorstep:

dizonbrosnewmask.jpg

A view of the inside of the mask:

dizonbrosnewmaskinside.jpg

• The mask is very comfortable and feels secure when worn. The overall design is there own and is kind of a hybrid between the AO2 masks and a Hockey mask.

• The paint job is fantastic. I have no idea if they do that upon request or what, but I love it.

• They also did some faux shadowing in some areas of the mask accentuating the shape of the mask itself which I think gives it a very cool effect.

• You'll also notice a marking at the bottom of the rear plate. I believe that is their logo. That same logo is on a square white label on the inside bottom of the mask and the mask is numbered, probably for quality control reasons:

dizonbrosnewmasklabel.jpg

• The steel perforated mesh over the eyes is very nice, and has just the right sizing to give much better vision than their previous offerings. I believe all their newer AO2 masks have this type of mesh over the eyes now. The mesh around the mouth and sides of the head feature larger holes to assist in ventilation. I had absolutely no problems breathing in this mask.

• The only area of concern I have with this mask is inside the mask where a couple cutouts for the mesh around the mouth, the fiberglass is turned inwards slightly (highlighted in the below picture in red). Testing the mask I have never felt these edges against my face when worn nor when I'm wearing the mask and talking. However, I may be a little concerned about those two specific edges causing me harm in the unlikely event I should fall face first. I may try and reduce the edges using a dremel or put a strip of foam over the edges, but that's mostly because I'm paranoid.

dizonbrosnewmaskinsidee.jpg

Alongside some of my other masks:

dizonbrosnewmaskcompari.jpg

All in all, I'm well pleased with this mask. :)

Probably weighs a little more than a Paintball mask. Stick with the PB mask for now I think.

*Edit: I could be completely wrong though and it could fit you just right in spite of your age. I just wouldn't feel comfortable recommending a mask to you, you spending money on it and ending up looking like a bobblehead. That said, the smaller mask is good for people with smaller faces. You should also check and see if your local field allows you to use mesh masks. Some paintball fields will NOT allow anything but full paintball masks, and specifically say no mesh goggles/masks allowed. Something to think about.

Edited by uscmCorps
The overall design is there own and is kind of a hybrid between the AO2 masks and a Hockey mask.

Its a copy of a cooper hm6 street hockey mask ,which is what I use to make my first mask seen in my sig .Its certainly a more practical design than the ao2 masks .Nice that it has a back plate too .I'm supprise its taken this long for them to send you one they've been making them a while now, I noticed them back in January

Its a copy of a cooper hm6 street hockey mask ,which is what I use to make my first mask seen in my sig .Its certainly a more practical design than the ao2 masks .Nice that it has a back plate too .I'm supprise its taken this long for them to send you one they've been making them a while now, I noticed them back in January

Ahh, thanks for the correction. I wasn't aware of that. They had meant to send it earlier in the summer but were delayed repeatedly for various reasons. By the time they did send it and it arrived in early September, I had already gone to Hong Kong for my trip. Since then I've just been busy. That, and I've probably not been high on their priority list as they're busy with their own business. But that's cool, a man's gotta eat. ;) It was just nice to finally see one in person.

It's an airsoft feild with full face requirement.

I'm an average 13 year old.

I hate my mask becuase it sucks and it's foam padding sucks.

And then again, if It doesn't fit me/too heavy/too big/other random stuff, I can just use it when i'm older.

Thank you, I'm going to get it now.

If it doesn't fit, don't feel bad, then i'll just wear it later on. And have a schweet mask to go along with my array of guns mounted on my wall :D

i cannot see any pictures? i guess China doodle blocked that site where you uploaded those :(

It's working fine for me. PM me your email and I will forward you the pics. In the meantime, can you edit your post and remove the quote? Because I'm seeing all the same pics twice.

Edited by uscmCorps
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's a review of the Persian Elite Sykes Mask I bought from Chewie over at http://www.sykesmasks.co.uk/

Firstly, a quick word on service. In a word, impeccable. Absolutely top notch.

I e-mailed the site, and inquired as to the Persian Elite mask. Chewie was quick to respond, giving me all the information I asked for. He also mentioned he had a few models of that mask knocking around that had been accidentally damaged in transit and had a slightly chipped finish. He offered me a very reasonable discount on one, and even went as far as to send me detailed pictures of the exact mask I would be getting, to ensure I was fully happy with it.

His service also includes free shipping within the U.K.!! Can't get much fairer than that, can you?

After agreeing to purchase one, I found myself without sufficient funds, and had to wait approximately two weeks before I could fufill the Paypal money request. Chewie was extremely understanding, and kept the mask to one side while I sorted my finances out, so top marks to him.

Now, onto the mask. I believe these are the same as the ones Cactus Hobbies and Evike were selling, but it has SykesMasks.co.uk specific packaging, as seen here;

Sykes1.jpg

Nicer than you would expect from what is essentially an ACM product (I think?! It's so nice, I can't tell!).

Here are some pictures of the mask itself;

Sykes2.jpg

Sykes3.jpg

You can see the slight chipping. Doesn't really affect anything - and besides, once BB's start hitting it, you have to expect the paint to come off anyway, right?

Nice thick fibreglass construction, well-moulded, with very nice mesh lenses. These are completely integral to the masks' construction, and don't feel like they were cheaply tacked on afterwards, like some Sensei masks.

There are also air holes under the nose portion of the mask, where your nostrils sit, providing more than adequate ventilation. This ensures that you don't get so hot and sweaty while wearing it like you do with a paintball mask or mesh full-face.

The press rivets that hold the elastic strap attachment system to the back of the mask are reinforced, and nice and sturdy. The webbing itself feels very robust, and the plastic clips are of high quality.

Here are some pictures of the straps and internal padding;

Sykes4.jpg

Sykes5.jpg

The mask is obviously one of the later versions - there is visually more padding than in some of the masks in this thread, especially around the nose area.

The padding is very nice, and the mask sits very well on the face, with pretty much no movement whatsoever. There is plenty of adjustment in the clips, so even those of you with freakishly large/small heads will be able to wear it with no problems.

To summarise, I'm extremely happy with the mask. I have wanted one for ages (look for my post in the first page of this thread!), but didn't want to order from Evike or Cactus Hobbies. It's much better quality than I could of imagined, and it'll be my primary piece of protective gear from now on.

I'm also very satisfied with the service from SykesMasks.co.uk, and I'll be ordering from them again.

Ben.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am also considering going full face mask.

Only thing that is holding me back from purchasing this AO2 mask is, that I wear glasses and I use Guarder shooters- type lowprofile NVG goggles/ frame. With those inner spec frames. You get the picture, right?

Now,

Has anyone of you mask users used this type of shades under your mask? i gathered, that some of you have removed the mesh from the mask, while using shades under it, right?

I would gladly be one of the few owners here at Finland, who play with this type of gear ( haven´t seen any of these masks yet here, though). Finns, put out your input...

Cheers

-Hessu-