aps2/m40xb mag catch lip? broken! :(

1-hit-1-kill

Hiya,

My bro wanted to do a spot of target shooting with my m40xb but when he took it out the box the mag wasnt clicking into place. found out that the plate which held the mag in place snapped off! Gah! i thought it was near impossible to break that part of the gun. The part snapped was the thin metal bit near the bottom end; which held the mag in place.

Too small for a dremel to get in there to either stick a pin etc, i've not seen the broken off piece so i cant glue it back on either! Layout of the mag system is exactly the same as the APS2 except for the fact the piece of cast metal is slightly different so i cant use a spare APS2 part to fix it! <_<

Has this happened to anyone else before? possible solutions?

:(:(:(

Thanks for reading.

Not at home right now but I can have a look at my catch (m40xb) tomorrow morning (about 15hours away). You can unscrew that part from the hop and you could file it and JB weld a strip of metal or put a pin in there. I'll look at mine to get a better idea. From memory I would say JB welding a strip of metal in would be the easiest+strongest. Just file the rough broken edges nice and square and file a piece of metal down to fit nicely and glue.

Take the part to a machine shop and show them and they should be able to help you out for metal or even fix it maybe or remake the whole piece.

In the meantime a rubber band works ok lol.

Archived