Most accurate Gas Blowback?

Gazza.M

you can go with one of the special airsoft target pistols if you are only looking for accuracy.

there is the:

ksc gp-100

star pss-300

maruzen aps-3

of course a good quality pellet gun will prove to be more accurate, though pottentially more expensive.

if you are looking more towards a combat/actual use pistol look i would reccomend the same as jargbrujo. a tm hi-capa 5.1 (most tm pistols are pretty accurate) and getting a good quality TB barrel (laylax .03 should be the most accurate barrel though the .01 will give higher fps), good hopup rubber, and some good quality ammo and you should be getting some pretty nice groupings.

ah, woops. didnt pay attention to the gbb part :P

however keep in mind that this is not for range as he said, he only wants 15-20ft, so having the good hopup at range is irrelevant.

Thanks so far. Whats the TM Colt 1911 like for accuracy?

personally have found the TM 1911 to be more consistently accurate than the HiCapa 5.1. and it also keeps its hop setting better. my TM Beretta M92F, however, tops both. probly because of the sights and the ergonomics of the grip.

with a tight barrel and good quality .23s or .25s, 1-inch groupings at 15-25 ft. should be normal. depending on the drill, of course.

the TM MEU, btw, is coming out and i expect it would be just as good, at least, as the 1911 Government.

but if you're using this to maintain RL proficiency, i'm guessing that the closer the GBB is to your duty carry, the better it is for you, mate?

I think that the TM 1911 and 5.1 have pretty much the same accuracy potential since they are very nearly the same gun (same barrel, BBU, trigger mech etc.) However, I find that it is easier to shoot tight groups with the 5.1's Bomar sights than with the 1911's rather primitive sights.

Also, if you ever want to skirmish with this piece the Hi-Capa 5.1 would be far better (more gas, more ammo, better sights, etc.)

you say you want to shoot through the winter, so I'd recommend the Hi-Capa over the 1911. It seems to me that the larger gas capacity will be better when it gets colder, giving you more shots per fill.

I'm not sure if that's accurate or not, but it makes sense to me. Someone tell me if I'm wrong.

I want to shoot at targets indoors in thew winter, across a room maybe 10-15 feet only.

you say you want to shoot through the winter, so I'd recommend the Hi-Capa over the 1911. It seems to me that the larger gas capacity will be better when it gets colder, giving you more shots per fill.

I'm not sure if that's accurate or not, but it makes sense to me. Someone tell me if I'm wrong.

;)

BigAl nailed it. With a frame-mounted "compensator" that secures an extended inner barrel inside, the inner barrel is absolutely static through the whole cycle.

Out of the box, the suggested pistols are indeed nice choices. Pretty much all TM GBB pistols can put BBs into a 60-70 mm circle from 10 meters. With a Freedom Art frame as described above, the groupings drop to about 30-40mm.

-Sale

Thanks to all. I particularly like Big Al's suggestion. Who carries those Freedom Art frames mentioned?

BigAl nailed it. With a frame-mounted "compensator" that secures an extended inner barrel inside, the inner barrel is absolutely static through the whole cycle.

Out of the box, the suggested pistols are indeed nice choices. Pretty much all TM GBB pistols can put BBs into a 60-70 mm circle from 10 meters. With a Freedom Art frame as described above, the groupings drop to about 30-40mm.

-Sale

chaps, as stupid as it may sound, but does not the TM DE (new) have a fixed barrel?

I realise that the size of the grips is certainly a question, but I would think that as standard that the DE is a damned good base.

Gazza. I ran my 5.1 through winters here. Get it. It is good. Real good.

Thanks to all. I particularly like Big Al's suggestion. Who carries those Freedom Art frames mentioned?

WGCshop carries a number of them. They seem to be made in limited batches, so depending on the style you want, you'll have to search around for them.

chaps, as stupid as it may sound, but does not the TM DE (new) have a fixed barrel?

I realise that the size of the grips is certainly a question, but I would think that as standard that the DE is a damned good base.

Gazza. I ran my 5.1 through winters here. Get it. It is good. Real good.

Same here, though I got a 4.3 and can not praise it enough!

It even shoots ok FPS and almost a full mag worth of bb-s on full gas charge with 0 degrees Celsius outside!

Bjorn

I'm really wondering about the models that are named here in terms of highest accuracy. Well, Marui Hicapa 5.1 is definitly a hot candidate, I'm pleased with it myself. I also have the Marui 1911 and the Hicapa 4.3 as Custom model.

First, forget about the 1911. Beautiful GBB, very good, but in no way considerable for what you want to do with it. The low profile sights would give you a very hard time.

Marui Hicapa 5.1 though is an excellent ground to build on with almost unlimited parts available.

But first of all: What are you asking for? The best GBB out of the box? The best model to built a high performance GBB out of?

I suggest a look on Western Arms. Their models are the reference on AIPSC. Very high priced of cause.

For mid price budget the Marui Hicapa 5.1 is definitely one of the best choices.

Best out of the box ideally. I have just sold a Western Arms 1911. Beautfully made, but somehow not satisfyling because of the worry about using propane. I was attracted to the TM 1911 because of the reviews on quality and the ability to run on propane. I'm aware of the basic sights. The 5.1 gets good reviews, but out of the box the standard of finish seems in question.

I'm really wondering about the models that are named here in terms of highest accuracy. Well, Marui Hicapa 5.1 is definitly a hot candidate, I'm pleased with it myself. I also have the Marui 1911 and the Hicapa 4.3 as Custom model.

First, forget about the 1911. Beautiful GBB, very good, but in no way considerable for what you want to do with it. The low profile sights would give you a very hard time.

Marui Hicapa 5.1 though is an excellent ground to build on with almost unlimited parts available.

But first of all: What are you asking for? The best GBB out of the box? The best model to built a high performance GBB out of?

I suggest a look on Western Arms. Their models are the reference on AIPSC. Very high priced of cause.

For mid price budget the Marui Hicapa 5.1 is definitely one of the best choices.

you will not be dissapointed with the TM 1911a1.

I use mine for target shooting, and even ran a little competition with some non-softing friends.

each shot a 20 round mag to get their eye in, then another 7 onto a target. Distance of 8 yards (23 feet)

novice shooters where pulling 4-5 inch groupings with the winner at just about 4" mark. personally i can get well less than 3" but i do a lot of target shooting so its unfair to compaire.

i recently put a tightbore in and its even better now.

PS, this is outside, in between buildings with a gate at the end where i hang targets. its not ideal because you get wind through the buildings.

If you want to go out of the box, perhaps you should wait for the TM MEU as it will have far better sight than the A1. Thats not to say you can't shoot accurately with the A1, just that it's far easier to shoot well with decent sights. Thats why most 1911 know come with higher profile sights.

As for the Desert Eagle it does have a fixed barrel but it also has recoil comparable to a .22 Rimfire. While this is great fun to shoot ( I've got three of the buggers ) it is not condusive to accurate shooting.

This sounds promising. OK, I got a good deal on a new TM1911 so I've ordered that. I'm thinking I'll try it as is with maybe 0.25 bbs and then if I feel inclined add a tightbore barrel. The sights will be an interesting challenge.

you will not be dissapointed with the TM 1911a1.

I use mine for target shooting, and even ran a little competition with some non-softing friends.

each shot a 20 round mag to get their eye in, then another 7 onto a target. Distance of 8 yards (23 feet)

novice shooters where pulling 4-5 inch groupings with the winner at just about 4" mark. personally i can get well less than 3" but i do a lot of target shooting so its unfair to compaire.

i recently put a tightbore in and its even better now.

PS, this is outside, in between buildings with a gate at the end where i hang targets. its not ideal because you get wind through the buildings.

As for the Desert Eagle it does have a fixed barrel but it also has recoil comparable to a .22 Rimfire. While this is great fun to shoot ( I've got three of the buggers ) it is not condusive to accurate shooting.

that still does not prevent it from being first shot accurate... :)

Archived