Desert Eagle Aluminium Slide & Frame

RockDog

Cold Blue wont work on aluminum for any length of time. It will color it black, but generally you can just wipe the black finish off with your fingers.

The best you can do with aluminum, would be to prime and paint the surface or I've heard that some have tried "powder coating".

Powder coating is a bad idea.

First off you'd have to be very carefull when masking it ( if you can mask items to be coated) prior to application. Even then theirs the probability that when it is heated up the kit would probably melt or at the very least the powder coating would flow into places it shouldn't be.

Finally it would look like it had been powder coated, firearms aren't powder coated.

they also have a gold tiger stripe if i remember correctly

i wish they had a straight chrome kit

could this be chromed?

cuz i want it to look like my RS one

someone a while back had a zeke kit chromed properly. so i'd say its possible.

as for bluing, im sure you can get aluminium cold bluing kits as well. doesnt work the same way as it does on steel IIRC.

Best option is Duracoat I think. It covers nicely and it looks like a traditional firearm finish. I've tried nickel plating a guarder Kit before and all the imperfections really showed. Plus it didn't come out as expected...

HPIM1650.jpg

Here is a Duracoated gun I did...

IMG_2163.jpg

I assume Chrome plating would cover it a bit better, but I'm sure Guarder will release a Chrome plated version (like their chrome Detonics kit). Anodizing Guarder kits won't work because of the ###### aluminum composite they use. It's not a CNC kit out of 1 piece aluminum like Prime or PGC...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Damn! Just last night I was searching around for metal DE options, and now this. :D Wish I'd seen it earlier.

As has been said, PGC/Prime would be preferable but if that's not an option, I'll definitely settle for a Guarder kit.

Saw this posted on a Taiwanese forum...

http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-20769-1-1.html

Looks pretty interesting if you are into Deagle.....no idea how much though...

also available in silver...

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/taipei-jaguar

moved from my duplicate thread...

• 4 weeks later...

Feels lighter then I expected, but Im sure the slide will add much of the weight. I put my slide from my chrome hard kick on it, and it cycled perfectly. I never got to handle a Zeke, so I cant really compare. I'll hopefully have a better idea in a few days. Amazing how one part of my order was shipped fedex and got here in 2 days, while the other EMS speedpost and its still not even in the country yet.

Archived