You know you've been playing too much airsoft when...

Atty

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you cant see prototypes of new real weapons without thinking where you could fit a battery in their AS versions.

When you have a pair of running shoes, a pair of rugby boots, and 3 pairs of tactical boots.

When you can name any camo pattern you see on movies and tell what countries and units issue it.

I did the whole "hear noise and go room clear the house in the middle of the night"

only i grabbed a BFG glock, and breachloaded a round and got a torch in the other hand (the one i carry to airsoft games :D)

{edit, proofreading FTW}

You think Neo was under prepared to storm that government building and that you could have done it better.

When your bedroom looks like some shady back street arms warehouse.

I shall beat you on that. ASMC sell some sexy mil tec camo panties and thongs XD

ASMC

There 90% fashion camo patterns tho. No airsofter worth their salt would be seen dead in those. Plus somehow I dont think I could wear a thong, too much potential for escapeage.

When you have an entire room/section of your house devoted to airsoft.

Fixed it for you :P

When you call yourself out after getting pegged in the head with a small paper pellet by one of your classmates.

When you reach for your weapons for another round of cleaning/inspection whenever you are bored.

When you reach for your Surefire-equipped carbine after the power went out due to a blown master fuse.

When you use hand signals to lead your friends at Six Flags.

There 90% fashion camo patterns tho. No airsofter worth their salt would be seen dead in those. Plus somehow I dont think I could wear a thong, too much potential for escapeage.

But of course they're fashion camo patterns. I'm tempted by the pink camo hah!

Not having played for over three weeks gives you the shakes...

Thats me, except that not playing for longer than 4 or 5 days gives me the shakes. And I'm shaking so badly right now because I'm saving for GZ

When you reach for your weapons for another round of cleaning/inspection whenever you are bored.

When you reach for your Surefire-equipped carbine after the power went out due to a blown master fuse.

Me and me. Nothing to do, strip the USP out and give it a good clean.

Blackout, surefire's on my G36K. (It's a carbine too!)

When you wake up sunday morning after an airsoft game and the first thing you do before food is checking if anyone have posted some pictures from the game (and getting disappointed that no one have got awake 07:00 so you could talk to them about the game)

hmm.. Think I should get some food soon.. it is 10:19 now and not finished reading/sending e-mails/posting/reading threads/airsoftnews/3-4 forums/IRC/checking the $ to see if I should buy stuff/checking if OPSEC have posting the new episode of airsoft radio/watching the movie Delta Force while surfing.. And when I am finished with that I have to check my gear after last days game ^_^

When the person sitting next to you in school points out that there's a bunch of white things in the treads of your boots. And then points out that you're wearing combat boots.

When you can't watch a shootout in a movie without loudly pointing out how horribly unrealistic it is.

When it takes too many shots to kill someone in a video game and you, by instict, accuse them of not calling their hits, instead of being a hacker.

When you know exactly where you're two pairs of combat boots are, but have no idea where your sneakers are.

one thing I did driving home late one night after games; It was dark, almost midnight driving thought my neighborhood, some tool steps out between two parked cars and I reacted by simultaneously hitting clutch and break with my feet while doing a four point draw with hands.

Good thing my high beams were on!

When you and your team have spent the entire morning searching for the pilot only to find him, then evac back across the "border" by charging through the wooded hills on a reguard action treating it like life and death. If someone gets hit you go back for them and medic them, dragging them along with you. Shouts of "I'll hold them!, get the dead man out quick!" etc

Everyone literally believed we were in the running back to the stadium sequence of Black Hawk Down. All we needed was the site owner at the safezone entrance handing out glasses of water on a tray to complete the vision.

Ah twas a fun day :rolleyes: .....

But clearly we've been playing to long :blink:

You know you've been playing too long when...

House cleaning involves putting away your magazines and organzing your tools.

Your friends' only hope of engaging you in conversation is to (incorrectly) mention the name of a particular firearm.

You get all jittery when you see a firearm in real life.

You feel awkward in civilian clothing.

Your neighbors cross the street before walking by your house.

When bored at work you simulate a quick draw.

When bored at home you simply like to fondle your guns.

When no-one else is around you get all dressed up and run around the house.

You make an account on an airsoft website in another country.

You post on that account in a way that is intentionally frustrating.

You try to write an essay only to realize it is all in third person...

When bored at work you simulate a quick draw.

When bored at home you simply like to fondle your guns.

When no-one else is around you get all dressed up and run around the house.

You make an account on an airsoft website in another country.

You post on that account in a way that is intentionally frustrating.

You try to write an essay only to realize it is all in third person...

Guilty on all counts ;).

The only thing holding you back from creating a team is coming up with a team name that's cool... but not poser-ish, funny... but not retarded, tactical... but not ripping off a real unit, and simple... but not generic.

You sometimes wish your real guns were as cool as your airsoft guns. After all, you've dumped way more money into the airsoft guns.

When you start thinking about how you would make an armed takeover of your work's building.

I've been doing it for years! I also look at the best place to keep hostages, set up arcs of fire and all other slightly disturbing stuff that I am sure my bosses would be pooing themselves if they were to find out about.

When you find yourself clutching an imaginary gun whilst wondering round the house..

Or

When you find yourself clutching a real (airsoft) gun whilst wondering round the house..

Guilty!

You know when you have been playing so much when the sight of 50 heavily armed ladies and gents in a peaceful suburb doesn't shock you and you consider it normal as if people everywhere in the country walk around with assault rifles.

I also find I spend more time sorting out outfits for a skirmish than I do a night out. "Does my MP5 look big in this?" I'll often be seen wandering round the house in full setup, scaring my parents to death and frightening anyone who happens to visit us.

Archived