You know you've been playing too much airsoft when...

Atty

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing someone walking toward you and figuring out at which point they would be in range.

Imagining how much cqb fun could be had amongst the cubicles at the office.

Having a kilt made out of Multicam and planning on making more in other patterns to meet whatever uniform requirements you might run across.

When you have a rare old skool weapon (Classic or whatever) that you have spent a lot of money on....

...then some company brings out a new one ¬.¬.

This happened to me twice (allthough my academy SA80 is more than good enough as a primary and i still havent spent as much on upgrades as it would cost to buy a STAR or GnG..... the army one annoys me)

If you get past the point where you're thinking "Hmmm, this'd be a good place for a skirmish" at random places, to the point where you are actually planning how you would attack or defend it, and can visualise the game in play so well that you nearly get run over by a van as you sprint across a car park to take set up a firing position behind the front wing of a Ford Mondeo.

Or when you say "Hit!" in a loud clear voice, raise your hand and walk off when a bird poops on you / a leaf falls off a tree and lands on you / a ball of paper bounces off your head / a car backfires.

Anyone here who doesn't remember the first time they actually said the words "lol" or"fruitcage" in conversation?

haha, i play/ think about airsoft too much because im struggling to thing what other things i do that havent been put in here.

everytime the house is empty and u hear a funny noise, u gear up and clear it room by room.

i find myself estimating ranges whenever im out.

i once whitnessed some guy running out of a shop with a bag full pf stuff hed pinched, and found myself almost reaching to where my thigh holster would be for my M9....... thankfully all that happened was my hand twiched but i mnaged to stop the whole "footing, grip, extend, sites, double tap" routine.

Within 2 mins of opening your wage slip you've already workout out to the penny how much of it is airsoft tokens and exactly what those airsoft tokens are going to be spent on.

You cant go shopping for anything without thinking "how could I use that for airsofting?" and you come up with about 6 uses no matter what it is your looking at.

You own Marpat/ACU/Multicam shorts.

You can name the base gun for modded scifi guns

when your tactical gear takes up more space then your regular clothes!

Regluar clothes??

Happened to me last night:

when a non airsofter asks how many guns you've got and you have to stop and think for a minute

When you reply "Primaries, secondaries or all together?" and when they say all together you just shrug and say not enough.

When there is a poweroutage and you feel the urge to grab a torch and mount it on an airsoftgun and clear every room in the house.

When theres a power outage and you reach for an airsoft gun because thats where all your flashlights are mounted.

Is that how it's supposed to be done? I just point the gun and pull the trigger. Then again, I'm a noob when it comes to drills.

lol, its probably not the best way, but its how i think of it. u need to be standing properly, then u need to grip the gun to take it out, then put it infront of u, then aim and fire. point and shoot will do just as well though :)

a perfect example...

today i was rummaging through some timber in the shed to make a corner unit for the TV to go on, when i suddenly thought... "Hmmm... I could make a stock and foregrip for a shottie out of that" <_<

When you know, immediately, what weapon each of these lego guns is meant to represent:

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/03/07/LEGO-guns.jpg

OMG Guzzi where'd you get them, i want some for my i mean for my nephews lego collection

and tbh i actually do most of the things in this thread, but i've not been airsofting in just over a month :huh:

When there is a poweroutage and you feel the urge to grab a torch and mount it on an airsoftgun and clear every room in the house.

i dont need the power to be off to do that! i do it all the time. hones skills. gives me something to do. and makes me look like an idiot

-joe

when the boss gives u a task and you reply: "roger." :D

Haha, this happened to me once on a holiday in London, after playing too much Battlefield and ArmA (I know, not airsoft but whatever). I had ordered something to eat on Heathrow and the guy who gave me the food said "Enjoy your meal" and I replied "Roger that". Man, that was quite embarassing.

when your grandparents visit and Dont batt an eyelid at the fact that you have 3 AK's in bits on the kitchen table...

When your parents who grew up during the cold war dont mind that you have a wardrobe full of Soviet and russian gear...

When it looks like you have more tac gear than civvies, i honestly dont, it just looks that way, tac gear is bulky, civvies take up less room.... Seriosly...

When you get in an argument with your parents/otherhalf/roomie/girlfriend about how much closet space you want to use for airsoft stuff and how much you want to use for normal clothes.

When you spend more time on the computer browsing airsoft websites than you do sleeping.

When you dream about having an entire room/section of your house devoted to airsoft.

When your friends think you are nuts for spending thousands on toys that shoot plastic bbs.

Archived