You know you've been playing too much airsoft when...

Atty

Actually I've noticed an interresting phenomina, airsofters (and people who use real guns often it seems) actually mimic holding a gun, like it exist but is invisible, people who don't ever do anything gun related make the gun out of their fingures when they mime a gun. It's actualyl got to the point where I hold different types of imaginary gun, have to consiously not do it in public, it looks and probably is a bit mad...

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually I've noticed an interresting phenomina, airsofters (and people who use real guns often it seems) actually mimic holding a gun, like it exist but is invisible, people who don't ever do anything gun related make the gun out of their fingures when they mime a gun. It's actualyl got to the point where I hold different types of imaginary gun, have to consiously not do it in public, it looks and probably is a bit mad...

I remember in my GCSE year, (i hadnt started airsoft, but id been in the paramilitary boyscouts for a while) and we had to do a role play in English of Journeys end. And the teacher told us to act as if we had a gun, and obviously most people did the two finger thing, but i shouldered an invisibl rifle, and the teacher was like WTF??!? I lol'd

It's actualyl got to the point where I hold different types of imaginary gun, have to consiously not do it in public, it looks and probably is a bit mad...

Comforting to know I'm not the only person who's imaginary firearm changes depending on the enviroment I find myself in. :P

And with people making an imaginary firearm out of their fingers, I've hardly ever seen anyone do that, although that's probaly because just about everyone I know has held some sort of firearm/air rifle. :mellow:

When you read a thread like this and list the things that you are not guilty of in your head because the other way is far to cumbersome to contemplate.

When you read a thread like this and don't have to count what you aren't guilty of.

Comforting to know I'm not the only person who's imaginary firearm changes depending on the enviroment I find myself in. :P

And with people making an imaginary firearm out of their fingers, I've hardly ever seen anyone do that, although that's probaly because just about everyone I know has held some sort of firearm/air rifle. :mellow:

Have to say I do this all the time :P When ever I be just sittin I cross my legs and pretend to be hold one of my rifles, or my favorite when walking through a house to pretend to have something then do a room sweep :rolleyes:

haha, this is funny, im guilty of basically everything here.. along with whenever im travelling somewhere im always on the lookout for cool places to skirmish (whether or not id actually be allowed to), i.e. "hrm, that school would be fun", "so would that mall" etc..

i walk around my work pretending to hold a gun all the time (a pistol, a rifle might be a little obvious), and when im at home one or more of my guns are always in my hand or lap or near me

• 2 weeks later...
and when im at home one or more of my guns are always in my hand or lap or near me

x2, dude.

Also, when you have nightmares of not being able to adjust the hopup properly.

I swear, watching that BB god in circles like that, totally defying the laws of physics... I was still spooked when I woke up.

When you walking down the road and it starts hailing and you shout "Hit" loudly and put your hand up then the hail hitting you again and Shouting "Hit" even louder while going balstic and the waether saying you have called Hit.

Every time befor you enter a room you toss an hand grenade sizes stone in to clear it.

Done that at work so many times.

Instead of just opening a door and walk right in, I would stand off to one side of the door, ease it open quietly with one hand, peer in, and enter with an invisible carbine in my free hand.

This usually happens after a day at the field.

It's realllllllly scary what some of you've said, it's like we all share similar lives and habits......... I was like reading through and going "ZOMG!!!111!!! that's exactly what I do" or "That's happened to me."

One thing I've noticed missing.. or I might have just blanked it... is nobody has said "You know you've been playing too much airsoft, when you start posting here." :P

Noticed something at college today..

Can't seem to open any doors or walk through them without covering my blindside..

And running down/up stair, an invisible rifle appears (with a foregrip for some reason) and i make sweeping moves with it.

i have a similar problem (is it really a problem if you enjoy it)

i walk along walls (0-6 inches off), never down the middle. i pie around all corners i come two. and always keep a 360 degree security zone around me.

i think ill stop there, it just gets worse from here. man i play airsoft too much

Archived