You know you've been playing too much airsoft when...

Atty

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when you open your car door(in my cause van slider door) and bbs along with a gun sometimes falls out.

when you are spraying paint/working on a gun in your yard, and the neighbors looking in horror not sure if to call the police or run into a inner room in the basement.

when you go grocery shopping and realize if you buy the cheap family brand items instead of the name brand ones you could probably pick up that new airsoft thing....and shortly find out your friends dont find airsoft that interesting.

when you choose between gas to visit the out of state girlfriend, and so much needed upgrades

when you come home the first thing you check on is your favorite airsoft item, not your family or pets.

When you go to pay for something in a busy shop and a massive queue and as you pull your change from your pocket, bbs fall out of your pocket and roll across the floor...

oh the looks my mates give me lol

This didn't happen to me, but a friend. He's so bad he's gone to pay at a till, and put mags/shells that were still in his pocket on the counter to get his wallet, and as he goes to pay only sees the horrified look on the checkout employee's face.

This didn't happen to me, but a friend. He's so bad he's gone to pay at a till, and put mags/shells that were still in his pocket on the counter to get his wallet, and as he goes to pay only sees the horrified look on the checkout employee's face.

My local maccy D's don't bat an eyelid when we stroll in to buy pre/post game food.. They've got used to use coming in regular like every other weekend.. :D

My local maccy D's don't bat an eyelid when we stroll in to buy pre/post game food.. They've got used to use coming in regular like every other weekend.. :D

we have a local wendy's they dont bate an eyelid but for some reason a bunch of starving men eating tons of their food makes them rather angry...

That happened to me with WoW. Ex-gf would hear me screaming about healing in instances and not being able to find someone's body to res them. Made me realise I needed a break. Guess my class? :(

Thats now happened to me due to GZ :(

I gotta stop doin that, the neighbours are gonna look in someday.

Finally, you know you've been playing too much airsoft when you decide to start making your own tactical gear...

Haha

You know you've been playing too much airsoft when you repair, learn how to, and manufacture your own gear and mag pouches using mom's sewing machine. I mastered it, and can rethread it about 30 secs :P

You know you airsoft too much when you look at video game/ movie characters, just to examine their load out and weapons.

Your load out is based off a video game character or movie or a real unit.

Your game collection includes multiple sequels of Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Battlefield, SOCOM, and so on.

You spend close to a grand in airsoft related stuff over the last two years, and never had a paying job.

You clear your house before you sleep with your M4 AEG with RIS Tac light.

Your tac light is actually a rubber armored, $5 Garrity flash light from walmart with scope rings on it for RIS action.

Your classmates expected you to bring a Surefire flashlight to Senior Entrance ceremony. *where we entered a dark gymnasim with flashlights*

Strangely, girls who have the slightest interest in guns, army, or paint/ airsoft appeal to you more than girls of equal attributes and looks who are not.

You have dated more than one girl who was into guns/ related stuff :D

You watch movies and point out the make and caliber of the gun, and whether they are airsoft, blank firers, or real.

Your load out/ camo/ airsoft gear IS your costume

You own everyone else who wore camo on Halloween because its 1. Real camo 2. Mil Spec 3.Has accurate patches and gear for your unit and era

You practice reloading mags with or without a gun when you are bored

You practice reloading an imaginary gun in public without thinking, only to get weird looks *so embarrassing*

You sleep with an airsoft gun on the side of your bed or under your pillow

Whenever you see a new kickass gun, you wait for someone to make it, or consider or plan making it yourself

You think of ways to improve a GBB or AEG *moar recoil pls*

You have better gear and guns than a russian soldier *got body armor, MOLLE pouches, a kevlar helmet, and optics, Russians in Georgia had none of these :P *

You go OCD whenever you see anyone in real life or in movies with their fingers on the triggers *I told my friend to get it off the trigger, but he relied on the safety was on. He launched a 350 fps .20 g BB into an *albartroth* 5 feet away :P *

You know you've been playing too long when...

You make an account on an airsoft website in another country.

Nice XD

You have more than one airsoft related account

Arnies is the first place you go to when you boot your comp

You pull up to a drive through, realize you don't have enough cash so ask for some from the guy sitting shotgun. Only as you pull away do you remember that your still wearing cammies, and facepaint, and that your buddy had a pair of shorts underneath his cammies that he had to reach into to get his wallet. Then the bizarre looks make sense.

Strangely, girls who have the slightest interest in guns, army, or paint/ airsoft appeal to you more than girls of equal attributes and looks who are not.

Agreed. Similarly, girls who are competent with such things are also attractive, especially when they seem to be more competent than yourself :whistling:

If you live in a high level building (I live on the fourth level) and there are other high level flats around you and some open parking areas, and you take your sniper rifle and look through the scope and different things and wonder if you could snipe them from where you are. :rifle: To avoid the police being called, I adjust the blinds so that I can still have a good view of the parking lot outside without drawing too much attention from others...

If you live in a high level building (I live on the fourth level) and there are other high level flats around you and some open parking areas, and you take your sniper rifle and look through the scope and different things and wonder if you could snipe them from where you are. :rifle: To avoid the police being called, I adjust the blinds so that I can still have a good view of the parking lot outside without drawing too much attention from others...

Lol, play a game of phone booth :P

You buy a new AEG and the first thing that comes to mind is "Right what am I changing on this".

*looks at £100+ shopping list of parts* :blush:

You no longer make up excuses to yourself for buying new guns.

You no longer make up excuses to loved ones about why you bought new guns.

You wonder if it would be a good idea to turn the hallway into an armoury.

You buy a new AEG and the first thing that comes to mind is "Right what am I changing on this".

Heh... I've just reached the point where I don't feel I need excuses, and my girlfriend has just reached the point of no return and uses the phrase "it's your money, I don't care if you buy guns".

Why use the hallway when the spare room is perfectly accessible? I now have a "gun wardrobe". :D

(Which adds to the list: Gun Wardrobe means too much airsofting.)

No kidding. The first thing I do when I buy a new gun is go out and spend too much money on it.

Recently, my obsession has been cheap guns. So on that note:

-You think $100 for a used airsoft gun is a great deal, but your girlfriend knows that a $100 gun is really a $350+ gun after you've finished putting all of the upgrades you want on it and all of the accessories you want in it.

-You haven't figured this out yet

-Your girlfriend has actually asked you "will you please just buy a classic army this time"

-Your girlfriend knows what most of the parts in a gearbox are and what the "essential" upgrades are... she'd rather not know these things, but you just won't shut up about it

-Even though you don't wear camo around in normal life, you still can't just buy clothes anymore without thinking "could I use this for a loadout?"

-You are seriously considering trading in your real pistol for one that matches your airsoft pistol (and not the other way around) so you can share holsters... who cares if you aren't ever going to wear a leg holster to the range

-Your work vacation days are pretty much all dedicated to airsoft events

-You have actually considered buying a military style vehicle as your next car, just so that your team will have one

-There is a full scale homemade AGM-114 Hellfire missile prop in your shed :P

-Your neighbors don't call the cops anymore

-You could build a machinegun nest in your yard and your neighbors wouldn't be concerned anymore

-When you walk through any store (let's just say Office Depot) you wonder if anything in the store could be used for airsoft

-When your family asks you what you would like for Christmas or your birthday, you don't even tell them anymore, since they won't get the right stuff anyway...

-Your work vacation days are pretty much all dedicated to airsoft events

OK, thinking back, I started my job in June, and the only time off I've requested has been for airsofting events....the only exception being my birthday next week, where I've got airsofting friends coming round anyway :P

Archived