You know you've been playing too much airsoft when...

Atty

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When all your friends including those on msn/skype/websites/irc are airsoft players also.

when you start to invite people at work on airsoft games so they could enjoy the thrill (because they really should play airsoft instead of anything else)

When you are getting really money blind.. I can`t tell how many times I have sold something.. or got some small amount of money for then spending it on some airsoft accessories/upgrade from ebay or other airsoft site.

When amost all your bookmarks on the browser is airsoft related.

When you start website dedicated to airsoft just so you would have more airsoft related stuff to do when browsing the web.

When you want to buy a toy mp5 for your 2 1/2 year old son so he could fix his gun while you are fixing yours.

When you enter the local airsoft shop, the clerk take out the visa terminal and the next new hot item :P

CQB Scotland use to use a few of the old stripped out L/D hospitals near my house. The old residential hospitals held 50+ patients per side and are massive inside. Full of little rooms and corridors you could have great fire fights in.

http://www.cqbscotland.co.uk/video/2.wmv

http://www.cqbscotland.co.uk/video/1.wmv

How about Cane Hill asylum?

Resident Evil much?

I would love to 'soft there..

Canehill is rapidly being demolished as we speak. Even then, the place was a death trap with many floors were too dangerous to walk across, collapsed roofing and the security with thier doggies. I went through a floor in Browning and Blake wards and there were some others that I really really was ###### myself whilst crossing. Others I had to turn back because it was simply to dangerous. Dangerous place but it didn't stop me going for a look round one Sunday morning. For airsoft? Far too dangerous.

Whilst out in public you play through a scenario in your head about your current surroundings (food shop, department store, etc) and what tactical advantages and disadvantages it would have.

A good portion of my day is spent in class thinking about how awesome an airsoft skirmish would be at a large High School.

And some more...

You know you're addicted when a hail storm comes, and you think they're BB's.

You know you're addicted when you've played long enough to know that CYMA and other Chinese brands just aren't the same as they used to be.

When you walk down the street looking for snipers, when you see war photos and think "how can i make a load out like that" when you correct your friend for holding a immaginary gun improperly, when you spend ten minites reading this forum, when your frind shows you a picture and asks what gun it is and you can tell them, when you correct people refering to guns with the wrong names.

A

When you can measure distance by fps.

Oi... :( My physics in my brain hurts.

To take you literally distance is measured in feet. Feet per second is a measurment of feed per unit time (seconds) which is a velocity. So measuing distance via velocity requires some serious math to do on the fly (even though the equation is fairly easy) :huh:

-You know you've been playing airsoft too long when everyone on your local forum comes directly to you for help on everything.

-You know you've been airsofting too long when the only conversation you can have with your close friends is about airsoft.

-You know you've been airsofting too long when playing rock band is only fun when you play drums with an AEG! :unsure:

- When your friend does a book report on a Airsoft Tactics Manual.

-When that same friend would pick a upgraded sniper rifle of his choice over sex with the hottest girl alive.

- when you show up to a family christmas party dressed in dirty ACU's and your uncle asks you when your on leave next.

- When you ask your High Schools Army recruiter "what kind of pouch setups the SF in the sandbox have mounted on there CIRAS' " and he gives you a puzzled look and walks off quietly.

- When your closet consists of mostly OD and Tan clothing. Even your Civi clothes.

-When you refer to your every day clothes as "Civi's"

- You get angry when your friend calls Coyote Brown "Tan".

- You vomit at the sight of Gucci flage being worn at the skirmish field because it's not issue.

- Your giddy like a school girl as you dig through the clearence bin at your local surplus store.

- You know the entire kitlist for any Special Forces group member of any branch of the military from the last 20 years.

- You clock objects around the house:

Mom: Honey, where's the remote? I want to watch the news.

Me: At your six! At your six!

Mom: What?

Me: *sigh* Behind you....

- Your friends don't understand why you carry IR chemlights, fake flashbangs, soft armor, and "tuck your pants in to your boots". And your response is "Because it's MILSIM".

- You get loadouts together weeks in advance.

- you take pictures of yourself in full military gear with a airsoft gun and post it on the internet and your friends/family don't get why.

Archived