You know you've been playing too much airsoft when...

Atty

When you buy a pack of cigs and the lady says "That will be 3.50" and you say "Roger that".

This happened to a bud of mine.

Or when you can't sleep the night before a game and just play video games all night with friends you are going airsofting the next day with. :)

Sod that! I have to drive 150 miles to get to the airsoft site I play. I need sleep to make it there and back alive! :mellow:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
El oh el! Has that actually ever happened to anyone? Where they've got it caught up their nose tehn just sneezed?

I have to say that I did indeed laugh particullarly hard myself when that comment was first posted because that exact thing happened to me, albeit in slightly different circumstances.

I remember that I was about 8-9 or maybe even 10 years old at the time, there was an old CD player with some big black speakers in my kitchen. In a little cubby hole of the left speaker was a BB at about my head height, since I has standing on a chair. And so, for reasons I cannot remember I sucked in the BB up my nose deliberately, yes deliberately (I guess the shape and size gave it the right ergonomics in my head that it should go in my nostril!). Either way, the light blue BB (from a bag of extremely poor quality multicoloured BBs) stuck in nose and worried the hell out of my Mum, she even considered calling an ambulance IIRC.

Anyway, I'm not sure if the I did sneeze it out or that I just gave a massive blow through my nostril, but it flew out only about ten minutes after my 'ordeal' started.

P.s. I still have that BB to this day, LOL!

- When your closet consists of mostly OD and Tan clothing. Even your Civi clothes.

-When you refer to your every day clothes as "Civi's"

- Your friends don't understand why you carry IR chemlights, fake flashbangs, soft armor, and "tuck your pants in to your boots". And your response is "Because it's MILSIM".

When you think that your clothes really should have been made in more subdued colours.

When you can't understand why no one has picked up your tacticool style when it's blatently better than an emo or chav loadout

^when you refer to a chav or emo 'loadout'

When nothing is more annoying than someone whose knowledge of the modern military extends no farther than Call of Duty 4

When you can't find anyone to share the excitment of that new piece of kit being delivered

When nothing is more annoying than someone whose knowledge of the modern military extends no farther than Call of Duty 4

OMG, I hate to post twice straight after each other but that has got to be the truest statement of the whole thread!

'Why is that does that M1014 have more than four shots?'

'Why is that M16 firing in fullauto?'

-You have actually considered buying a military style vehicle as your next car, just so that your team will have one

You actually *DID* buy an ex-military vehicle so your team would have one.

What a mistake that was, so much money that I could have spent on guns and kit.... :rolleyes:

Also: You buy another version of a gun you already have in a different colour, just so you have a version that matches each loadout.

When it doesn't strike you as odd that you'd need a colour-co-ordinated gun to match your loadout

When you join the Territorial Army to get free combats and more money to spend on airsofting...

Also: You buy another version of a gun you already have in a different colour, just so you have a version that matches each loadout.

When it doesn't strike you as odd that you'd need a colour-co-ordinated gun to match your loadout

Guilty on both counts.

Here are a few more:

-When you don't call out gun names in movies anymore, because there's nothing exciting or new

-You noticed when the Sig Pro turned into a Glock 17 in The Bourne Ultimatum.

-Your friends and family didn't understand what you were talking about when they watched that scene with you and you pointed out the change over.

-You don't understand the complications of actually suppressing a PPK.

-You believe in internally threaded barrels.

-You keep a close eye on all of the M16s in any Vietnam movie to make sure that they were period appropriate.

-You would actually point out that the wrong M16 wasn't period appropriate, and honestly think that anyone else understands or cares what you are talking about.

-You think that gun companies actually have any part in sponsoring movies, and consider Fight Club a product placement campagn for S&W.

-You can't justify buying extra mags for a GBB, when for only a little bit more you could get another GBB.

-You the exact same loadout but in different colors/patterns.

-Your airsoft rifle cost more than your real rifle.

-You own guns that you've never used, but go with certain loadouts.

-There isn't a CQB field in your entire state, yet you own a full CQB loadout.

More to come eventually.

When you tell your friends that paintballing suck.

when you go on forums every day.

when you walk in a mall and try and take cover behind a post and try to shoot at the pedistarins.

When you want to shoot some really annoying poeple.

When you go into a elevator and try to clear it as if it's a room.

When you have too many loadouts planned and not enough money

When someone mentions you look Jewish and end up planning an IDF loadout with your Jewish girlfriend

When the first thing you do when you log onto a computer is check your e-mails to see if that order you placed has shipped yet, or if that payment has gone through yet

When you wish you had your loadout on at work, just so you could look at that idiot trying to argue back and tell him if he doesn't ###### off right the *fruitcage* now, so help me god...

To echo a post I made earlier on in the thread, you know you've been playing to long when the the infamous hill event becomes known as the Mogadishu mile and everytime you run down that hillside everyone refers to it as the Mogadishu mile of North Wales. :mellow:

At that point you know it's time to head back to the safezone for a cup of tea. :rolleyes:

Archived